Skip to main content

Teodora's Book Reviews: "Dreamer Ballerina" by Sarah Rubin



Some weeks ago, I found a new book entitled “Dreamer Ballerina”. On the cover it was written, “All you need is a dream and two feet!” The story sounded interesting, so I took the book and started to read it.
I really liked “Dreamer Ballerina”. Most books about ballet are really nice. Casey Quinn is the main character of the story. She lives in Warren with her mother and her grandmother. Casey’s dream is to be a famous ballerina. She dances almost every time. Like in all the stories, the main character has an enemy. The bad character is... Miss Priss Ann-Lee. With her gang, she teases Casey, telling her that she will never become a talented ballerina. Casey tries to be courageous. She soon finds out about a famous ballet school in New York. Because her family is poor, Casey starts to work at her mom’s hospital to earn money for a bus ticket.
I think Casey is a really nice character. She works so hard to make her dream come true! Mom and Gran are so proud of her! Every time I read that Miss Priss is bad with Casey, I was upset. I simply don’t like it when someone stupid and bad and “too perfect” like Miss Priss annoys a good person like Casey.
I found it out really hard when I read, “Gran died in the night.” Casey’s grandmother had a heart attack. I hate it when an important character suddenly dies. A reader is not usually “ready” for a sudden death. In the story, Casey remembers her Gran (“I’ve thrown out the butter and sour cream and all the things Gran used to cook.”; “But if Gran is in heaven, and New York City is the stars, then maybe we won’t be that far away from each other after all.”).
After so much hard work, Casey gets enough money to get to New York City. Her mom remains in Warren, hoping that her daughter will become a star... Casey’s adventures in New York are exciting! She makes friends with a girl named Andrea and she goes to Miss Martha’s Ballet School.
Sharing a bedroom with Miss Priss or making a wrong ballet step is not going to stop Casey from dancing! Like Casey says: “New York is a place where your dreams come true!” After so many rehearsals, Casey gets a special role in a special play! Her mom gets to see her. She’s very proud of Casey!
I like how the story ends: “My name is Casey Quinn and I am a dancer and I will never gonna stop! You hear me? Nope. Not ever!” I know that this book is perfect for all the ballerinas. You can always become a ballet dancer if you have two feet and a dream... Are you ready to dance with this story?

Comments

  1. Very good book. We should fulfill our dreams like Casey Quinn. I am proud of her .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment