Skip to main content

Angelina’s Diary – The Hip Hop Thieves by Teodora Leon



A wonderful family, true friends (sadly, some enemies, too) and a new student coming to Camembert Academy... Angelina has an exciting life! She tries to be a good friend with the new classmate, but when some hip-hop thieves are stealing the students’ trophies from the ballet school, Angelina must be in action! An unexpected hero will save the Camembert Academy from the thieves’ evil paws... Dance with Angelina in this story!


Dear Diary,

It seems that I am your owner... Let me introduce myself: my name is Angelina Mouseling. I am 8 years old and my favorite color is pink. I live in Chipping Cheddar. I live in a nice, big house with my parents and my little sister, Polly.
My mom can sew clothes and costumes. She can also make the best Cheddar cheese pies in the whole world! Yummy!
My dad works for “The Mouseland Gazette”. He interviewed many stars! Imagine!
My sister, Polly, is playing every day! I’m jealous of her! Polly can be a little angel and also, a little devil! But I still love her! Sometimes, I teach her some ballet steps... :)
My BEST friend is Alice Nimbletoes! We know each other from kindergarten! Cool, right? We do everything together! We go to the same school, we have sleepover parties, we play games and we practice for ballet shows! Of course, Alice isn’t my only friend; I have TONS of friends: Felicity Longwhiskers, Flora Greyfur and William Longtail. A month ago, three new students came to my ballet school. Their names are Gracie, Marco and Viki. They are really nice!
My enemies are... (drum roll)... Penelope and Priscilla Pinkpaws. They are so rude! I hate them! I wish they could disappear... There is a horrible boy called Sammy Watts. He annoys me! I’m so glad he doesn’t come to the ballet school... I meet him at the river (he goes fishing) or on the football field.
My ballet teacher is... Miss Lilly! She is the best teacher in the universe!!! I love her! She is so kind to us! She calls us “darlinks”. Mom told me that Miss Lilly is Russian (she says “darlinks”, instead of “darlings”).
My favorite star is... Serena Silvertail! I once met her! Imagine! Believe me, she has one golden heart!
Because I presented you all about me, my family, my friends, my enemies, my ballet teacher and my favorite star, I can begin with my own super-cool-awesome adventures!


Dear Diary,

Today I woke up very early. I was very excited! Miss Lilly was about to give us “wonderful news”! The day started good; Mom made some pancakes filled with chocolate inside (yummy!). I gobbled up four pancakes (I was really hungry!). After I finished my delicious breakfast, there was a knock on the door. It was Alice! We both went to the ballet school. The river was in our way. I was glad Sammy wasn’t there...
When we arrived, Miss Lilly was already in the dance room. She gave us a beautiful smile. “Good morning, my darlinks! Are you ready for the big news? Miss Lilly said. “Yes!” everyone shouted. I was very excited! My whiskers were trembling and my tummy rumbled and tumbled (even though I had four pancakes at breakfast)... “Well, today, at lunch, you will meet your new classmate! His name is A.J. I want you to be kind and helpful with him, all right?” Miss Lilly said. We all nodded. We were staying quietly at our places... Miss Lilly doesn’t like shouts or shrieks... It was hard to stay calm when you knew you’re going to have a new classmate... I was 100% happy!
At lunch, my friends and I waited for the new classmate. Miss Lilly was with us. Suddenly, a boy appeared behind a tree. He had brown fur and he was wearing a hoodie, a pair of cool jeans and a pair of trainers. The hoodie was red (it reminded me of Red Riding Hood). The new classmate approached us with some strange dancing steps... “What is this... dance?” Alice asked. “It’s hip-hop, stupid!” Marco said, smiling. “When I was little I wanted to dance hip-hop, but my mom said that ballet is better than anything else in the world!” he continued. The new mouseling came in front of us. He gave a cheeky smile and said: “A.J. mouse is in the house!” We looked at each other a bit confused. A.J. gave a short laugh and said: “It’s okay. My name is A.J. What’s yours?” There was no reply. But because I’m such a behaved mouseling, I took a first step and introduced myself. “Hello, my name is Angelina Mouseling. These are my friends: Felicity Longwhiskers, Flora Greyfur, William Longtail, Gracie, Marco and Viki. Of course, this is my very best friend, Alice Nimbletoes!” A.J. made another hip-hop step and said: “I’m so pleased to meet you! I hope you will like me!” Then he went in Camembert Academy (the ballet school). “Don’t worry about him. His parents brought him here so he can learn ballet. Try to be friendly with A.J., okay?” Miss Lilly said. We all nodded. I hoped A.J. would give up with hip-hop... Miss Lilly wants us to shine at ballet, not at pop or hip-hop...


Dear Diary,

This day hasn’t been so good... At Miss Lilly’s ballet lessons, A.J. didn’t show any progress. He kept dancing hip-hop. He wasn’t paying any attention at Miss Lilly’s ballet steps. Miss Lilly was not so pleased with that... After our lessons, Miss Lilly had a little talk with A.J. I listened to their conversation (I’m a curious mouseling!). “A.J., dear, whatever is the matter? Why are you not paying attention at the ballet lessons?” Miss Lilly said. “Um... well, I... I just love hip-hop. I can’t control myself... I’m... I’m sorry, Miss Lilly!” A.J. said. His voice seemed sad. I felt sorry for him... “Tut-tut! No wasting time here, my dear! Your father brought you here so you can be a ballet star! Tomorrow, I want progress from you, okay?” Miss Lilly said. “Yes, Miss Lilly!” A.J. said. Miss Lilly always tries to be kind with “her darlinks”, but I knew that now she sounded a bit strict...
I went quickly outside. I wanted to ask A.J. something... “A.J., can you please come here for a second?” I shouted. A.J. approached me. “Would you like to come to my house? I told my mom about you, and she said that she would love to meet you. And by the way, we have some Cheddar cheese pies made by Mom. They’re so delicious!” I said. A.J. looked at me, smiled and said: “Yeah! Why not? I’ll text Dad and tell him that I’ll be back later. He usually lets me to do anything I want...” I smiled. I knew that A.J. and I would be good friends!
At my house, A.J. and I talked for hours in my room. We had fun! A.J. was totally amazed when he tried a Cheddar cheese pie. “Man, it’s so good! Your mom is an awesome cooker!” A.J. said. “Thanks!” I said. “Thank you for the invitation at your house. I feel so great! Your parents are nice, you’re funny... and your sister over there is really cute!” A.J. said. I looked at Polly. She was playing with some dolls. “Have you got any sisters or brothers?” I asked. “No. And something I wish I could have. I feel so lonely...” A.J. said. “Oh, come on! I’m sure your parents spend time with you!” I said. “You mean, “my dad is spending time with me”. My mom died of mouse pox last summer...” A.J. said. It was a complete silence! In that moment, I felt totally sorry for A.J. “But wait! Miss Lilly told us “A.J.’s parents”. Why would she lie to us?” I said. “She didn’t lie to you. My dad told her to say “A.J.’s parents” every time. He doesn’t want little mouselings to find out about this... Please don’t tell anyone about my mom’s death!” A.J. said. He had two big and scared eyes! I said: “Don’t worry. I will not tell a soul!” After that, A.J. left. It was getting late. I was thinking of what A.J. told me with his mother. I wanted to help A.J., but how? Finally, a great idea came into my mind...



Dear Diary,

Today something horrible happened! Miss Lilly was super-angry and agitated! “How could this have happened???” Miss Lilly was continuing saying. I was a bit late, so I asked Alice what was going on. “All the precious things, including the students’ trophies, have been stolen.” Alice said. I remained silent! Why would anyone want to steal some trophies? It’s another thing with jewels or money. I asked Miss Lilly for more details. “I don’t know if it’s true or not, but the guardians told me that they saw two shadows making hip-hop steps. They couldn’t stop the thieves...” Miss Lilly said. A.J. made two big eyes when he heard the word “hip-hop”. One guardian came in the dance room. “When we saw the shadows it was 9:00 P.M.” he said. Another brilliant idea came into my mind... Miss Lilly talked for a while with the guardian. After that, she said that she doesn’t have time for ballet lessons, so we all went home. I went with Alice in our Treetop Club (our secret club). I told her my idea: I wanted to go with my friends at Camembert Academy to catch the two thieves. “That’s a brilliant idea, Angelina. But will our parents let us leave so late?” Alice said. “Don’t worry about that! My mom talked with our friends’ parents and they say that is a great plan! But they want us back until ten o’clock! We will have plenty of time if we leave at 8:30 P.M.” I said. Why do we have to leave at that hour?” Alice asked. “Because those hip-hop thieves stole the trophies at 9:00 P.M. Alice, I read tons of detective books. All the thieves return to steal things at the same hour!” I said. “But there is nothing left to steal!” Alice said. “You’re wrong! There are some pop trophies for students who dance pop left. I saw them when I left the Camembert Academy.” I said. Alice was surprised. “Wow, Angelina, you’re super-smart!” she said. “I’m telling you, Alice: Detective Angelina is always ready!” I said. I took my mobile phone to text my friends. I told them my plan. Yep, I was looking forward with this “hip-hop case”...


Dear Diary,

I am completely genius! Believe it or not, but my friends and I caught the thieves. Well, actually, it was A.J. who did this... Yes, I’m telling you the truth! You should have seen him! Let me tell what exactly happened...
My friends and I were doing circles of Camembert Academy. We were looking for clues. It was dark, so we took our torches. Suddenly, we heard some noise from a bush. Two shadows opened a window (I don’t know how) and entered the academy. “It’s them!” Gracie said. “Come on, let’s follow them!” Viki said.
It was 9:00 P.M. I was right! The thieves were back in action... I shouted: “Surrender, you terrible thieves!” The thieves took the pop trophies and ran away... doing hip-hop steps. “Don’t worry, I’ll catch them!” A.J. said. He started to dance hip-hop, too! In exactly two minutes, A.J. caught the two thieves... gold-handed (you know, the gold from the trophies). Miss Lilly and the guardians saw us and approached us. “My darlinks! What are you doing here?” Miss Lilly asked. “A.J. caught the thieves, Miss!” I said, happy. We turned up the light... and we discovered that the two thieves were... Penelope and Priscilla Pinkpaws!!! “What the...?” I said. “Penelope! Priscilla! You better give an explanation right now!” Miss Lilly said. “Ooooh, we stole the trophies because we don’t have any.” Penelope said. “We wanted everyone to think that we’re the best at everything!” Priscilla said. What stupid mouselings! “I think your mom will not be so pleased with what you have done...” Miss Lilly said. The two Pinkpaws groaned. One of the guardians took them home. “It’s surprising though that the Pinkpaws know hip-hop!” Miss Lilly said. I smiled. Case solved!
Days, weeks and months passed by... A.J. was now perfect at ballet! Miss Lilly was impressed. “How did you get to be a wonderful ballet dancer?” she asked. “Um... with the help of someone...” A.J. said and winked to me. I winked back! Yes, this was my brilliant idea: helping A.J. being a great ballet dancer! Of course, A.J. is never going to stop dancing hip-hop... Never ever! :)

The End

Comments