Skip to main content

Garfield’s Great Adventure in London by Teodora Leon



Have you seen the two movies with Garfield? Yes? Well, I was thinking...why children can’t do movies or cartoons just like the big humans? For example: this story could be “Garfield 3”, but I decided that maybe this title is going to be more attractive and everyone will come to cinemas to see it...imagine, posters that are announcing the new movie with our favorite cat, Garfield, by a little girl named Teodora...a 10-year old girl? This time, I’m sure that everybody from the entire world will go and see this wonderful film (which is the first one made by a child!). Oh, if only it could be real...hey, am I dreaming about impossible things or telling the story? The answer is...I think you know already...so let’s begin and see what is Garfield doing in his great adventure in London...

Another day for Garfield...he knows what to do all day: eating lasagna, sleeping, eating lasagna, sleeping, eating lasagna, sleeping...did you understand? I’m sure you did. Garfield was a funny, but lazy (actually...VERY lazy) cat. Jon, his master, didn’t know what to do with Garfield. All the neighbours were saying to Jon: “What a fat cat you’ve got!”. Odie was running and playing all day and Garfield was watching television, sleeping on the sofa and eating 10 plates of lasagna in a single day!
Liz, Jon’s friend, called. Garfield woke up. “Who dares to wake me?” Garfield said, angry. After that, he heard Jon’s voice: “Why, that’s great, Liz! I can’t wait to tell Odie and Garfield the news!”. Garfield looked at Odie. “Every time, Jon says this annoying dog’s name first! I can’t support this! I can’t, I can’t, I can’t!” Garfield said, throwing his pillow to Odie. “Garfield, what are you doing over here?” Jon asked, entering the room. “Are you too blind to see what am I doing? I’m angry, of course! Somebody woke me up with the telephone and you say Odie’s name first every time!” Garfield said. “Garfield, this is not the end of the world because I’m saying Odie’s name first! Oh, by the way, I’m sure that those news will make you happy!” Jon said. “Oh, yeah! I can’t wait to hear the news!” Garfield said, pretending to be excited. “Liz said that we could go in London for a week! Isn’t it great, Garfield?” Jon asked. Odie started to bark. That was a ,,yes, I would like to go to London” for him. Garfield thought for a moment... “All right. We can go with Liz to London!” Garfield said. “I knew that you will agree!” Jon said.
After a few days, Garfield, Odie and Jon went with Liz to London. They were so happy that they were seeing London again! London Eye, Big Ben, Buckingham Palace...all those places were now familiar to them!
When they got to the hotel, Jon and Liz decided to go and visit again all the wonderful places. Of course, Garfield and Odie had to remain in the hotel. “Please, Jon, I want to see London!” Garfield begged before Jon was leaving. “No, Garfield, do you remember what happened last time in London? You got lost! So, I don’t want to lose you again! Everything is going to be all right here: you’ve got food, water and company.” Jon said, pointing at Odie. “Which one is Odie: food or company?” Garfield asked. “Be good, okay?” Jon said and he left with Liz. “Jon, Jon, wait...” Garfield said, but it was too late. “I can’t stay in the hotel just eating and watching TV. It’s boring to see the men that are playing pool because they lie on that table and just shed! Maybe they are sleeping with the balls...” Garfield said. He thought for a moment, then he said: “No, Odie! I must see London, that’s why I came here. And I wouldn’t get lost this time. I will be attentive!”. Odie barked: means that he wanted to come with Garfield, too. “You are too stupid and you will get lost in one second if you get out out from this hotel. If you don’t stay right here...I’M GOING TO EAT YOUR LIVER AND HEART! Any questions?” Garfield asked. Odie remained silently. “Good, I’ll be off then.” Garfield said. A housekeeping entered the room. She didn’t observe when Garfield got out from the room and he said: “Sorry, I let some mess in the bathroom...thank you!”.
You wouldn’t believe, but...Garfield got lost! Yeah...He simply lost his way to the hotel. He didn’t know what to do! Suddenly a fat girl with her mom (a fat mom, too!) saw Garfield. “Oh, you poor little kitty, have you got lost? Don’t worry, I’m going to take care of you. Can I, mom, can I?” the girl asked. “Of course, you can!” the girl’s mom said.
You want to know what happened with Garfield at his “new family”? Well, Mary (that was the girl’s name) gave Garfield a lot and a lot of sweets! Garfield got SOOOOOOOOOOOOO fat, that you could never imagine...One day, Mary’s mom said: “This cat is too fat...I think that you must let it wander the streets again...”. “No, mom, I will never do that! It’s my cat!” Mary said.
One night, when Mary was sleeping, her mom took Garfield outside. The results? Mary: crying, Garfield: sad (and hungry). Now...I’m sure that you wouldn’t believe me this time, too, but Garfield was taken by many FAT children who gave him a lot of sweets! Hundreds of them! Of course, their parents took Garfield away from their house. Why? Well, who would like a fat cat (except Jon) to keep it? Garfield got so fat that he couldn’t move! But he DIDN’T MIND! Can you believe that? On the contrary, he wanted MORE sweets!
Queen Elizabeth the 2nd heard about Garfield and she told one of her servants to bring Garfield to her. The servant found Garfield and took him to the royal palace. “Have you got any master?” Queen Elizabeth asked Garfield. “Yes, but...I got lost and I can’t find my master. But the good thing it is that...” Garfield said, but the queen interrupted him. “I know the whole story, you don’t have to tell me! That’s why you are here! I simply don’t want to see fat cats that are teaching children to become fatter than they are! So...if you don’t find your master one day, you are going to be banished from London! Oh, and don’t forget to tell your master to give you healthy food...they will help you to get thin.” the Queen said.
Garfield was very sad. How was he going to find Jon in a single day? London is really big...Garfield walked everywhere, hoping that he might find Jon or Jon to find him. Later he heard a voice...and a bark: “Garfield, is that you?”. Garfield looked back and...guess who he saw! Yes, you’re right: Jon and Odie. Garfield remained with the mouth opened wide. “Garfield...wha...what happened to you?!” Jon asked. Garfield told Jon everything of what happened to him. “I had quite an adventure! Yeah...but from this day, I will stay with my master, Jon...and my friend, Odie. By the way, where is Liz?” Garfield asked. “She is at the hotel...I do hope that this is a lesson to you! Now, come on, we must get you back. From now on, I’m not going to give you a lot of plates of lasagna, you have to get thin!” Jon said. “This is the worst news I’ve ever heard in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Garfield shouted. But he kept his promise!
I do hope you don’t have a fat cat just like Garfield!:) The End

Comments