Skip to main content

Dora’s Dream by Teodora Leon



Dora was a 6-year old girl. She was very pretty and she had a monkey, as a friend, called Boots. She was an explorer and she had a special map. In her adventures, she had a violet backpack and sometimes Diego, her friend, joined her in her amazing adventures.
One day Dora, Boots and Diego went to the mountains with Dora’s parents. Dora liked going to the mountains. She liked to climb them and see all the animals. Her dad was a great explorer, so that’s why she liked to go to mountains and discover new things. They stopped in a forest next to the mountain. They had a picnic there. They ate sandwiches, fruits and a chocolate cake. Dora was a little bit tired and she slept under a tree in the shadow. Boots and Diego were playing with a red ball. While Dora was sleeping, she dreamt something. She was in a jungle. There were animals everywhere: monkeys and gorillas in the trees and some tigers. The tigers didn’t attack Dora and they went to her. The tiger cubs were playing at Dora’s legs and their mother said to Dora: “Welcome to our land, little girl! My name is Tigrella. What is your name and how did you get here?” Dora was surprised. She didn’t know that the animals can talk! “Oh, hi! My name is Dora and... well, I don’t know how I got here. I was just sleeping and I woke up in this jungle. But can you really talk?” Dora said. “Oh, yes, of course! This jungle is a very special one! We have a king and a queen, too! Do you want to see them?” Tigrella asked. “Yes, please!” Dora said, excited. Tigrella said to his husband to take the cubs and she went with Dora to the castle. Soon, Dora saw the castle. It was very big! Its colour was pink and some flags on the top of the highest tower were red. At the gate they were two elves. “Ah, Tigrella, nice to see you again! Do you want to visit the king and the queen?” one of the elves asked. “Yes, Terence! We have a new visitor!” Tigrella said. “Okay! Open the gates!” Terence shouted and the gates opened. Inside the castle, Dora saw the king and queen. The king was an elf and the queen was a fairy. Dora was very happy! She never met a king and a queen! “Your majesty, I brought you a visitor!” Tigrella said. “A visitor? Well, let me see it! Oh, there you are! Don’t be shy, I’m kind to every visitor! What’s your name? Have you seen the jungle? Do you like it?” the king asked. “My name is Dora. Yes, your jungle is very nice and special!” Dora said. The king was happy! “Well, how did you arrive in my jungle?” the king asked. “Actually, I don’t know. I was just sleeping and I woke up here, in the jungle! And now I want to return home!” Dora said. “Where do you live?” the queen asked. “I live in London.” Dora said. But she remembered something! “Wait, no! I live in London, yes, but I went in Romania to the mountains with my parents and my friends...” Dora said. “Dear, we should help her to return to her parents and friends! Do something!” the queen said to the king. “Well, I have to do it with my magic stick, but I don’t have it!” the king said. “What happened to it?” Dora asked. “An eagle stole the magic stick one year ago. It took it to Paris. Its nest is in the top of the Eiffel Tower!” the queen said. “Maybe I could help you to take the magic stick back. I always wanted to see Paris, too!” Dora said. “But how can I get there?” Dora continued. “Simple. Our friend, Jessie, is going to help you!” the king said and he whistled. Suddenly, an eagle appeared. Dora climbed on it. “Good luck!” Tigrella, the king and the queen said. Dora flew away with Jessie. She got quickly to Paris. On the top of the Eiffel Tower, she saw the eagle and the magic stick. She said to Jessie to take her to the tower. When she arrived, she said to the eagle: “Give me the magic stick to give it to the king back!” “If you want it, you have to answer to a riddle: It is something without life and it follows you everywhere.” the eagle said. Dora thought for a moment. She was just a 6-year old girl and she didn’t know a LOT! She looked down and she saw her shadow. She moved one step back and the shadow followed her. That’s it! The shadow was the answer! “Shadow! The answer is shadow!” Dora said. “You’re a smart girl! When I was 10 years old, I didn’t know the answer to this riddle!” the eagle said and chuckled. “Here’s the magic stick!” the eagle continued and gave it to Dora the magic stick. “Thanks! Come on, Jessie, it’s time to go home now!” Dora said. When she arrived at the castle, everyone was happy! “Wow, how did you get the magic stick?” the king asked. “The eagle told me a riddle and I answered it.” Dora said. “Well done!” the queen said. “Now, I’m going to help you to go back to your family...” the king said. Tigrella hugged Dora quickly. “I’m going to miss you!” she said. “Don’t worry, we’re going to see again each other as soon as possible!” Dora said. The king said a spell and Dora was back in the forest. Her mom was collecting the rest of the food. “Mommy, mommy, I dreamt something amazing!” Dora said. “Really? Okay, you’re going to tell me about it in the car...” Dora’s mom said. Dora was happy! Being an explorer is such fun, especially when you’re dreaming!
If you want to be an explorer, too, try to find Dora! She is going to teach you some things! The End

Comments