Skip to main content

Angelina’s Special Invitation by Teodora Leon



One day, Angelina was having breakfast with her parents. Someone knocked at the door. “Come in!” Mrs. Mouseling said. The postman came in. “I’ve got an invitation for Angelina Mouseling.” the postman said. “An invitation? What can it be?” Angelina asked herself, surprised. After the postman left, Angelina read the invitation with a loud voice:“Dear Angelina, because you are so good at ballet, me and Serena Silvertail decided to invite you at the Cindermouse ballet! You can also invite someone to come with you because you’ve got two tickets. With best wishes, Miss Lilly and Serena Silvertail”.



Angelina was suprised! “Mom, dad! Can you imagine? I’m invited to the Cindermouse ballet by Miss Lilly and Serena Silvertail, my favorite star!” Angelina shouted very happy. “That’s very nice, Angelina, dear!” Mrs. Mouseling said. “Sometimes you can be very lucky!” Angelina’s father said. “Who are you going to invite to come with you at the show?” Angelina’s mother asked. “Well, maybe Alice or William... I have plenty of time to think. Now, I must visit Miss Lilly to thank her for the invitation.” Angelina said. “Okay, darling, have a nice day!” Mrs. Mouseling said. Angelina ran with the invitation in a hand and the two tickets in her other hand to Miss Lilly’s house. When she got there, she knocked at the door, but nobody answered. “Hmmm, maybe Miss Lilly is at the Royal Theater.” Angelina said and she began to ran to the theater.
Miss Lilly was there with some other mouselings who were building the stage set for the show. “Hello, Miss Lilly!” Angelina shouted. “Oh, Angelina, what a wonderful suprise!” Miss Lilly said, suprised. “I came to see you and thank you for the invitation.” Angelina said to Miss Lilly, showing the invitation and the tickets. “No problem, my darlink! You deserve a wonderful show for how good you are at ballet!” Miss Lilly said. “By the way, have you decided who you will invite to come with you at the show?” Miss Lilly asked. “No, but I’m going to think about that. Thank you again for the invitation and the tickets!” Angelina said and left. Miss Lilly chuckled and said: “Goodbye, Angelina!”
Angelina ran to Alice’s house to ask her if she wants to come with her at the show. She knocked at the door and Mrs. Nimbletoes answered it. “Good morning, Mrs. Nimbletoes! Is Alice home?” Angelina asked. “Yes, she’s reading in her room.” Alice’mother said. “Can I see her?” Angelina asked. “Of course!” Alice’s mother said and she let Angelina to come in her house. Angelina rushed upstairs and went into Alice’s room. “Hi, Alice!” Angelina said. “Oh, Angelina!” Alice said, surprised. “How nice to see you!” she continued. “I’ve got something to tell you.” Angelina said. She told Alice everything about the Cindermouse ballet and the two tickets. “So, will you come with me at the show?” Angelina asked. “I’m sorry, Angelina, but I can’t!” Alice said, sad. “Why not?” Angelina asked. Well, look here.” she said and she gave Angelina another invitation. It said: “Dear Alice, we are pleased to tell you that on Friday, the 2nd of July, it is our birthday! We invite you to our secret birthday party at our house at 2:00 P.M. (don’t tell Angelina about our party)! We are going to have a lot of yummy food like Cheddar cheese pies, sandwiches with cheese and fresh meat, biscuits with chocolate and strawberries, pancakes with chocolate and cherry jam and hot chocolate. At the end of the party, we are going to have an ENORMOUS violet cake! We hope that you will enjoy our party! Love, Penelope and Priscilla Pinkpaws”.



"Those horrible Pinkpaws didn’t invite me to their stupid secret birthday party! Oh, never mind... so, that means you can’t come with me at the show?” Angelina asked, sad. “I’m afraid so... I’m very, very, very sorry, Angelina!” Alice said. “It’s okay! I still have William and some another friends to ask them if they want to come with me at the show.” Angelina said. “Okay. Next time, I promise that I’ll come with you at any ballet show!” Alice said. “That’s very kind of you, Alice!” Angelina said and the two mouselings hugged very tightly. “I have to go now! See you another time. Bye!” Angelina said and rushed downstairs. “Bye, Angelina!” Alice shouted very loudly. “Goodbye, Mrs. Nimbletoes!” Angelina said. “Goodbye, Angelina!” Alice’s mother said. Angelina went to find William.
He was at the lake, fishing. “Hi, William!” Angelina said. “Huh? Who’s there? Hey, wait a minute, I caught a fish! Oh, it got away!” William said, disappointed. He forgot about Angelina. “But, then... “Oh, Angelina, you were the one who told me "hi”, right?” William asked. “Yes, I’m glad you didn’t forget me.” Angelina said. “Sorry, but...” William started, but Angelina interrupted him. “It’s okay! Oh, I almost forgot. I wanted to ask you something. Will you come with me at the Cindermouse ballet?” she asked. “When is the show?” William asked. “On Friday, the 2nd of July at 2:00 P.M. Why?” Angelina said. “Gosh, Angelina, I can’t come!” William asked. “But why not? I need someone to come with me at the show because I have two tickets.” Angelina said with a sad voice. William gave Angelina a dirty letter. It was saying: “Dear, William, it’s your friend, Sammy! Can you come on Friday, the 2nd of July at 2:00 P.M. to our football game? We really need you because Spike broke his leg very bad! Please, this is an important game. If you are coming, see ya next to the forest (where we usually play football). Your friend, Sammy and his Terrible Gang :)”.



Angelina sobbed. “WHY CAN NOBODY COME WITH ME???” she shouted very, very, VERY loudly. “Angelina, please, don’t be sad. You can ask Felicity or Flora or your cousin, Henry, or...” William said, but Angelina interrupted him again. “That’s it! I’m going to ask Henry! Thank you for the advice, William, bye!” Angelina shouted, waving goodbye and she left. “Bye, Angelina!” William said. Henry was at the playground with his mother, Aunt Lavender. “Hi, Henry! Hi, Aunt Lavender!” Angelina said. “Hi, Angelina!” Aunt Lavender said. “Do you want to play with me at the swings, Angelina?” Henry asked. “I’m sorry, Henry, but I can’t. Don’t be sad, I’ve got some good news!” Angelina said. She showed Henry and Aunt Lavender the invitation and the tickets. “Can Henry come with me?” Angelina asked. “Oh, yes, please!” Henry said very happy. But Aunt Lavender shook her head. “I’m very sorry, Angelina, but Henry has to go at Dr. Tuttle in that afternoon.” Aunt Lavender said. She showed Angelina a small card. It was saying: “Dear, Henry, you must come at me on Friday, the 2nd of July at 2:00 P.M. I hope your teeth look good... See you in my office! P.S. Don’t each too much sweets, they are not so good for your teeth! With best wishes, Dr. Tuttle”. Angelina was disappointed. “Okay... I suppose that nobody wants to come with me.” she said with a small voice. Angelina walked slowly home. Everyone was busy exactly on the day when it was the ballet show!
As Angelina was getting closer and closer to her house, someone shouted: “Angelina! Angelina!” Angelina turned around. She saw Miss Lilly with a letter in her hand. “Angelina, I’ve got some great news!” Miss Lilly said and she gave Angelina the letter. Angelina read the letter with a loud voice... “Dear, Miss Lilly, something terrible happened! One of the little dancers from the Cindermouse ballet has the mouse pox! Can you ask Angelina if she can dance in the Cindermouse ballet with the other mouselings? Tell her that I’m going to be in the show (I’m sure she will say "yes”). See you at the Royal Theater on Friday. Love, Serena Silvertail”. Angelina remained silent for a moment, but after that she screamed: “MISS LILLY! I’M GOING TO DANCE IN THE CINDERMOUSE BALLET WITH SERENA SILVERTAIL, ONE OF THE FAMOUS STARS!!!” Miss Lilly only smiled. Angelina was so excited that she forgot to say "thank you" and "goodbye" to Miss Lilly! Angelina ran home as fast as a rocket. She entered the house so quickly that she almost bumped into her mother. “Angelina! What is going on?” her mother asked. “Mom, you will never guess! One of the mouselings from the Cindermouse ballet has the mouse pox so, Serena Silvertail decided that I can dance in the show and take the mouseling’s place. Can you imagine? I’m going to dance with my favorite star!!!” Angelina said, excited. “That’s wonderful, dear!” Mrs. Mouseling. “Where is dad? I want to tell him the news, too!” Angelina said. “He’s at work, sweetheart. But, don’t worry, is coming in a few hours back home.” Angelina’s mother said. And Mrs. Mouseling was right! The time ran so fast and Angelina couldn’t believe that her father was home again! She told Mr. Mouseling the exciting news. “Well, you are really very lucky, Angelina!” her father said. “I know! Oh, I must tell this to Alice, Henry and William. They will be very suprised!” Angelina said. Before leaving, Anglina thought of something. “Mom, dad! I just have a wonderful idea! If I am dancing in the Cindermouse ballet, I don’t need those tickets anymore. I can give them to you so you can watch me!” Angelina said and she handed to Mrs. and Mr. Mouseling the two tickets. “Thank you, dear! We will not miss this special show!” Angelina’s mother said. Angelina ran to find Alice, Henry and William. All of them were very happy to hear the great news!
After two weeks, Angelina had to prepare for the show. The costumes for the show were very beautiful! They were pink, violet, red, orange, yellow, green and blue. The pink costume was for Angelina and the rest of them there were for the other mouselings. The mouselings were happy that Angelina was going to dance with them.
“Miss Lilly and Serena Silvertail told us that you are a magnificent ballerina!” the mouseling with the violet costume said. Angelina turned red. “Yes, I am...” she said. Mr. Operatski, a friend of Miss Lilly, came into the room where all the ballerinas were. “Angelina, you’ve got some letters.” he said. Angelina took the letters and said “Thank you!” to Mr. Operatski. After he left, Angelina looked at the letters and said: “What a surprise! Those letters are from my parents, Alice, Henry and William!” Angelina said. “Who are Alice, William and Henry?” a mouseling asked. “Alice and William are my best friends and Henry is my little cousin.” Angelina said. “How nice! I’m sure they wish you "good luck"!” the mouseling said. Angelina read the letters. The one from the parents was saying: “Dear, Angelina, we are so proud of you! You are going to be great at the show, we are sure about this! If you need, we send you hugs and a lot of kisses! We wish you good luck, too! Love, Mom and Dad”. The letter from Alice was saying: “Dear, Angelina, I’m so sorry that I can’t come at the Cindermouse ballet, but I know that you will be brilliant! I wish you good luck! Your BESTEST friend, Alice Nimbletoes”. The letter from William was saying: “Dear, Angelina, I’m happy that you have been chosen to dance in this important ballet show! I really want to come and see you, but Sammy needs me desperatly at his football game! You know how mad he gets if you don't listen to him... I hope that you will be great at the Cindermouse ballet! Good luck! Your friend, Sammy Longtail”. And the last letter was from Henry. It was saying: “Hi, Angelina! Good luck at the ballet show. The next time I will come at your ballet shows whatever is going to be (even if I have to go to Dr. Tuttle!)! And don’t forget: YOU ARE THE BEST BALLET DANCER EVER! Love, Henry Mouseling”. Angelina was soooo happy! With those good lucks, she was going to be the best ballerina in the whole of Mouseland! That's for sure!



The show was a succes! Angelina and the other mouselings perfomed the Cindermouse ballet just like real ballerinas. Angelina was proud to dance with her favorite star, Serena Silvertail. At the end of the show, the audience clapped and cheered. Angelina could see her parents smiling and clapping as loudly as they could! When Angelina and her parents walked home slowly together, it was evening already! “You were wonderful, darling!” Mrs. Mouseling said. “Yes, very wonderful!” Mr. Mouseling said. Angelina was proud! When she got into the bed, after a minute, she slept. She was very tired, but happy, too! All the night she dreamed that she was dancing with Serena Silvertail and she was the greatest ballerina in the entire world!!!
The End

Comments

  1. Beautiful narration! I liked how magically you wrote it down. I also celebrated my daughter’s birthday last week in one of the Los Angeles venues, but I am not very good at writing. So, I just posted some pictures on my blog. But I would love to write like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! ^_^ It makes me happy to hear that my older posts can still be appreciated, given the fact that the story was written almost 8 years ago. :)) You can write like this (even better, I must say). You just have to give it a try and practice as much as you can. The words will just flow out of you after a while. :) I'd love to see your blog, by the way!

      Delete

Post a Comment