Skip to main content

Donkey’s Ruined Birthday Party by Teodora Leon



One day, Shrek woke up in the morning. Fiona was still sleeping. Shrek went to his calendar, hanging on a wall. The 4th of July... Shrek was thinking. He knew that on the 4th of July it was somebody’s birthday. But whose was it? Shrek forgot... but he remembered some minutes later. On that day it was Donkey’s birthday! Skrek was terrified! He didn’t prepare any present for his best friend, Donkey. Shrek went to Fiona to wake up her. “Fiona, wake up! I’ve got something to tell you!” Shrek said. Fiona was still sleepy, but she woke up. “What is going on, Shrek?” she asked. “Today is Donkey’s birthday!” Shrek said. “And the problem is that I didn’t prepare any gift for him!” he added. “Don’t worry, I’m going to help you! I prepared a gift for Donkey... I think everyone did.” Fiona said.
After one hour, the present for Donkey was ready. “Are you sure that Donkey will like those waffles?” Shrek asked. “Of course! Waffles are Donkey’s favorite food!” Fiona said.
In the afternoon, Donkey invited everyone to his birthday party: Shrek, Fiona, Puss, Gingy, Pinocchio, The Three Pigs and The Wolf. Everybody was feeling excellent at Donkey’s birthday party. There was Dragon(Donkey’s wife), too! All the gifts were in a corner. Suddenly, Rumpelstiltskin and the witches appeared. “Hello, everybody! You’re having a party? Nice... but it’s too bad that I’m going to steal all the gifts! Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!” Rumpelstiltskin said. All the witches took the presents and left Donkey’s house. There was silence for a moment... but then... “Nooooooooooooooo! My beautiful gifts! I want them back!” Donkey shouted, crying loudly. Everyone was sad! They worked a lot to make beautiful presents for Donkey and now... they were gone! Shrek looked at Donkey. Then he said: “Donkey, you and Puss are going to come with me to get the presents back from Rumpelstiltskin!” “Whoa, whoa, whoa! Wait up, please! We’ve got two problems! One: we don’t even know where Rumpelstiltskin is and...” Puss said. “And what?” Shrek asked. “And I’m tired of adventures!” Puss continued. “Did you forgot that I’m an ogre? I could eat you even if you’re one of my best friends!” Shrek said. “And I could take your head off with my nice and sharp sword if you don’t let me!” Puss said.
After those words, a fight started between Shrek and Puss... I think you don’t want to know it, don’t you? Fiona stopped the fighting. “Boys, please, stop! I can come with you, if you want...” she said. “No, Fiona! This is too dangerous! I don’t want to see you hurt or...” Shrek said. “Or what? You really think that I can’t fight?” Fiona interrupted Shrek. “Yes...” Shrek said. “Well, you’re making a big mistake, Shrek! When we met the first time, you saw with your own eyes how I defeated Robin Hood who tried to take me and kill you!” Fiona said. “Yes, I know you’re talented at fighting, but Rumpelstiltskin is more powerful than us, especially you!” Shrek said. “This should be done by boys like us!” Donkey said. “Okay, if you don’t trust me, I don’t care. I’m still coming with you!” Fiona said. “Oh, great! If you break a leg or something else, don’t cry at me!” Shrek said. “Hey, maybe Mongo, my friend, could help you!” Gingy said. “You mean the big fella of yours? Well...” Shrek said, thinking.
Later Shrek, Donkey, Puss, Fiona, Gingy and... Mongo went to find Rumpelstiltskin and the withches. “I can’t wait to find Rumpelstiskin! I’m going to crash his head with my feet and throw him in a volcano! And I mean in a very, very, very, VERY hot one!” Donkey said. “Just don’t lose your ears and your teeth!” Shrek said, laughing. “Oh, I forgot how to laugh!” Donkey said. “Look, a volcano!” Fiona said, pointing it. “Maybe Rumpelstiskin is there!” Puss said. “Well, let’s get closer to the volcano and take the gifts back!” Gingy said. “Yeah!” Mongo said, loudly. Puss was right! In the volcano, there were Rumpelstiskin and the witches. Donkey’s gifts were next to him. “I’m so happy that I stole those gifts. I’m feeling like a king!” Rumpelstiskin said. "Rumpel, give Donkey's gifts back!" Shrek said. "Not so fast, ogre. First you have to answer... a riddle!" Rumpelstilskin said. "What riddle?” Shrek asked, bored. “It’s something that is born in spring, lives in summer, dies in autumn and stays under the snow in winter.” Rumpelstiltskin said. Shrek thought. “Oh, oh, I know the answer!” Donkey said. “Shhhhhh! Shrek has to answer!” Puss said. “It’s a... It’s a leaf! Yeah, a leaf, this is the answer!” Shrek said. Rumpelstiltskin was disappointed. “Very well, ogre, you can take the gifts back. But, remember... next time, the thing I’m going to take it, I’m not going to give it to you!” Rumpelstiltskin said. Donkey’s birthday party continued. Now it was time to open the presents. When Donkey opened the present from Shrek, he said: “Waffles! My favorite! I love you, man!” He hugged Shrek tightly. Everything was fine now and everybody was happy and safe. I do hope that the next time Rumpelstiltskin and the witches will not do something bad!
The End

Comments