Skip to main content

Teodora’s Book Reviews: “The Unforgotten Coat” by Frank Cottrell Boyce





“My brother believes he is being chased by a demon... a demon that makes things vanish.”
When I read this sentence, I was scared. But don’t get me wrong; I really like books with breath-taking moments! But when it’s about demons... I’m outta here!
Julie O’Connor is the main character. When two Mongolian brothers (they are, actually, nomads) come to her school, she has to be their “good guide”.
The two Mongolian brothers are Chingis and Nergui. They are very strange. They never get off their coats, their traditional Mongolian coats. They say that those coats can protect them for the demon that makes things vanish... The question popped in my mind as I was reading the story: can Julie protect Chingis and Nergui from the demon?
I liked the book very much! It has really nice photographs inside and the story is very interesting! I also liked the ending: “Two days later, he tries to add me as a friend on Facebook. Maybe it was a coincidence. Maybe he’s been checking all the Julie O’Connors in the world every day for years. I don’t know. But he’s tried to add me. So I accept the add, say thanks and ask if he wants the coat back. He puts “yes please” and messages me his address. And he tags me in this photograph... “Julie, you were our good guide and friend. Thank you. Love, Chingis and Nergui. XXXXX
This book will be unforgotten by you, readers...



Comments