Skip to main content

Teodorutza’s Diary – The Puffle Quest (Part One) by Teodora Leon





Teodorutza happens to be just an ordinary penguin from the Club Penguin World... She has a nice house and she met the famous penguins (Aunt Arctic, Captain Rockhopper, CeCe and Rocky, DJ Cadence, Gary, P.H. (Puffle Handler), Rookie, Sensei and The Club Penguin Band). Suddenly, Teodorutza has a new dream: to find the golden and the rainbow puffles... With the help of P.H., Teodorutza goes in an adventurous and dangerous quest... The question is: will Teodorutza return to the Club Penguin World... alive? Are you ready to waddle around with Teodorutza?

Chapter one – A Little Introduction To A Great Story
Dear Diary,

My name is Teodorutza. I live in the Club Penguin World. I live in a not-so-big house (I’m not a member, so...), but I have some lovely puffles! P.H. gave them to me FREE (you know that you need to be a member so you can buy a puffle – let’s not forget that a puffle costs 800 coins)! Can you believe it? If you read the story “Club Penguin in Danger...”, you know that I saved the famous penguins from Herbert’s evil claws... It was kind of a prize for doing such an important thing like this...
My puffles are black, blue, green, pink, orange, purple, red, yellow, white and brown. Their names are: Mike, Sky, Flora, Rosie, Cheeky, Jenny, Ruby, Sunny, Snow White and Brownie. I love them!



I have beds and houses for each of them (that’s not my house from the picture, I just wanted to show the things I have for my puffles)...



I always play with them... To make a long story short: I am always having fun with my dear little puffles. Thanks, P.H., for this wonderful present!



Let me tell you a secret... From since I got these puffles, I also began to have a new dream... Do you know what is it? Hear me out... I’ve heard from the Club Penguin Museum that outside the Club Penguin World there are another two puffles... Some really special ones... If I am not wrong, I think there is one golden puffle and another rainbow one... Oh, I wish I could have them! They could be friends with my pet puffles... But let’s note something: to find those puffles it’s really hard... and dangerous! At least that’s what P.H. said... Sometimes I want to go to the Club Penguin Museum to tell P.H. that we can have a puffle search party or something, so we can find the golden and rainbow puffles... To tell the truth, I am a bit shy, so I don’t know if I will ever say to P.H. my brilliant idea...

Chapter two – P.H. and Teodorutza, Ready For A Puffle Quest...
Dear Diary,

Great news! Today, I just took a deep breath and went straight ahead to the Club Penguin Museum. I didn’t find P.H. there, so I went to the Pet Shop. Luckily, I found her there...



She was training some puffles.



Believe me, the puffles are keeping her 100% happy!



“Hi, P.H.!” I said. “Oh, hi, there, Teodorutza! What’s going on? Is one of your puffles sick? Do you need a puffle toy or something?” P.H. asked. I giggled. That’s how P.H. is... Always careful with a puffle’s life and she always wants to make her customers pleased... “No, thanks, P.H., I didn’t come here to buy something... I came here because I need your help!” I said. “Sure! I am done with the puffle training, so now I am free!” P.H. said. “Yes... So, um... I wanted to ask you if... that is, if you want, um... well, I don’t know how to say... um, you might not even, um, accept my, um, suggestion...” I said. Great, I couldn’t even talk with P.H. like a normal penguin! I was feeling like a complete loser! To my surprise, P.H. just laughed and said: “Being surrounded by so many adorable puffles makes you forget what you have to say... Don’t worry about that! You know what? Let’s go at the Club Penguin Museum, on the Puffle Hall, and talk there, okay?” P.H. said and lifted her bag. I can’t believe how nice P.H. is... “Um, yes, sure! Why not?” I said and followed P.H.
The Club Penguin Museum is very old. Most penguins are saying that all the museums are boring and so on... But I don’t agree with them. I really like the Club Penguin Museum. My favorite room from the museum is the one with the history of the Club Penguin World. On the walls of the room there are front pages from the Club Penguin Times (our daily newspaper). Every time I see the funny front page with P.H. and the puffles from the Pet Shop, I start to laugh... :)



“So, Teodorutza, what’s the problem?” P.H. asked. She sat at her desk. She has her own office on the Puffle Hall. I wish I could have an office, too, or something... “Well... You know that there has been a rumor that the golden and the rainbow puffles exist, right?” I said. “Why, of course. I think I was the first penguin who heard about this...” P.H. said. “The thing is that, um...” I said, but stopped. I took a deep breath and said quickly: “I WANT TO FIND THEM!” P.H. made two huge eyes and almost fell from her chair. “OMG!” she said. She stood up. She closed the window and pulled the curtains. In the room it was very dark. But P.H. lit a candle. She looked right into my eyes and said: “Did you know that I want to do the same thing as you?” “No... But I should have known; a puffle lover, like you, always wants to find lots and lots of stuff about puffles...” I said. P.H. sighed. “Sadly, the director of the Club Penguin Museum doesn’t let the explorers to go in a quest or something like that...” P.H. said. “Why... why not?” I asked. “He says that is dangerous for every penguin from the Club Penguin World...” P.H. said. “That is absolutely stupid! Explorers always have dangerous quests or even trips, right?” I said. “Yes, but not like this one...” P.H. said. “I can’t except such a thing! I’m going to the director immediately!” I said. “He won’t listen to me! How come is going to listen to YOU?” P.H. said. “Because I’ve saved the Club Penguin World...” I said.
The director’s office was not away from P.H.’s. I knocked at the big wooden door. P.H. was right behind me. She looked worried... Maybe even scared! Five seconds passed by and we heard someone saying: “COME IN!” As I expected, the director was at his desk... He was drinking his tea and he had a plate full of doughnuts. “Ah, hello, P.H.! Goodness gracious! Teodorutza, what are you doing here?” the director said. “I just met P.H., that’s all! We came here for a very important reason!” I said. “I’m all ears.” the director said and gobbled up two doughnuts, without even chewing them! I looked at P.H. She looked at me. She was the first to talk, but I knew that she was too worried, like I said earlier... I was so happy when P.H. took a deep breath and told the director about our plan of finding those legendary puffles and so on... After P.H. finished her talk, the director still remained silent for some moments... I knew he was thinking of what to do... After a while, he said: “Many penguins came in my office to tell me about the golden and the rainbow puffles... Believe it or not, but I want to find those legendary puffles, too! The thing is that we don’t have maps with the outside of the Club Penguin World, so we don’t know where shall we start... It’s too difficult!” “But think a bit, Mr. Director: I saved the Club Penguin World from Herbert’s evil claws (and you know that he is a ferocious bear), so I’m not meant to be afraid of anything, right? P.H. is a puffle lover... Don’t you think that we are perfect for this quest?” I said. The director looked at me with two big eyes and said: “Why, I hadn’t realize that! Well, I guess you can give it a try... Shall we keep this as a secret? I mean, The Director of the Club Penguin World doesn’t like it when he sees penguins leaving the Club Penguin World. He might think that some penguins don’t like their world. If he finds out I sent you in this dangerous quest, he might fire me and the Club Penguin Museum might be, well, ruined!” the director said. “Yes, we shall keep it as a secret! Teodorutza and I didn’t even want crowds cheering for our bravery or banners to say “Good Luck!” or something like that...” P.H. said.

A little note: The Director was never seen by anyone! He wants to keep his identity as a secret, but I don’t know why...



Many penguins are drawing or imagining him...



Some of the penguins say that Gary saw The Director once... Who knows? Anyway, let’s get back to the story...


The director sighed. “Do you want to leave tomorrow morning?” he asked. “Yes, the sooner, the better!” P.H. said. “And when do you think you are going to be back?” the director asked again. P.H. and I looked at each other. “What should we say?” I asked myself. “Um... Well, we don’t know... It matters how long it will take us to find both puffles... I have my agent phone. If there is anything to tell, I can call or text you, Mr. Director.” I said.

A little note: Agents phones are like mobile phones. Every penguin, after he/she becomes an agent, gets (for free) an agent phone!



“Good, that’s very good. I have to know if you are safe or not. I am in charge of you. If anything happens to you, I respond of all of this. I sent you, I respond at every problem. Got it?” the director said. “Got it! Goodbye, Mr. Director! We promise you: we will be back alive with the golden and the rainbow puffles!” P.H. said. She took my hand and pulled me out of the office. I looked for one more time at the director of the Club Penguin Museum, taking another doughnut from the doughnut box... He looked a bit worried... Anyway, I have only one thing to say: THE QUEST FOR THE GOLDEN PUFFLE IS ON!



Chapter three – The Legend of The Golden Puffle
Dear Diary,

P.H. came by my house at five o’clock in the morning! Can you believe it? Anyway, I quickly called Scheletron, one of my best friends from the Club Penguin World. I told him to take care of my puffles while I was gone. “Don’t worry, Teodorutza! Your puffles are in good hands. I’m sure that my puffles will be good friends with yours...” Scheletron said. I smiled. Scheletron is a trusty friend, indeed! I was 100% sleepy when we left my house. But when P.H. told me the legend of the golden puffle, I forgot about my tiredness!
We were approaching the Club Penguin World’s outside gates. P.H. and I didn’t say anything all our way. Finally, P.H. broke the silence, saying: “Hey, Teodorutza, do you know the legend of the golden puffle?” “No! Tell me! I am so curious!” I said. P.H. took a deep breath and then, smiled. When she talks about puffles, a smile always appears on her face, I’m telling you! “Most of the penguins are saying that the golden puffle is just a myth... But, a few years ago, something was sparkling in the Club Penguin Forest. A penguin named Beztar90 saw... the golden puffle!



At first, he thought that it was a yellow puffle, lost in the woods. But then he thought: “Nah, this puffle is way too... sparkly! It can’t be just a yellow one... It must be...” And then, Beztar90 realized that he had just seen the golden puffle! He was very excited! But he didn’t know what to do... “Should I take the golden puffle to the Club Penguin Museum or should I call someone professional in puffle-catching?” he asked himself. Sadly, it was late to do anything else! The golden puffle just hopped away and it was never seen from that day anymore... Now, lots and lots of penguins had been telling legends with the golden puffle. A penguin named Icmer told and wrote a legend that was liked by many penguins.” P.H. said and made a short break. I made two big eyes. It was time for the big part!



“Long, long ago, in the Club Penguin Egyptian Empire, there lived a king named Arthur. He had a daughter named Cleopatra. She was one of the most beautiful princesses from the whole Club Penguin World! She had a big palace where she could do anything she wanted! She had... EVERYTHING! At her birthday parties, the soldiers were dressing as mummies to make Cleopatra happy! Sometimes, the princess was dancing with the mummies. The king was pleased to see his daughter happy...



On that time, the puffles were wild. It was forbidden to have one as a pet. It was a rule made by the king, so if you didn’t listen to it... you would regret it! The problem was that Cleopatra loved puffles soooo much! Those cuddly and fluffy animals were always making her to jump up and down for more than a thousand times!
One day, Cleopatra found a blue puffle in the garden of the palace. It was hungry and thirsty. Cleopatra couldn’t bear to see such a puffle like that one. She immediately took it in her room. She took care of her new pet... She even put a pharaoh hat on the puffle. It was official: they were best friends forever!



Sadly, this friendship didn’t last for a long time. The king found the blue puffle with the pharaoh hat on its head. He was cursing the penguin that took care of the puffle. The king didn’t even want to know the penguin that did all this. He just made a spell (I forgot to mention that the king was interested in wizard things and so on); he transformed Cleopatra into a golden puffle statue!



He soon found out that HIS daughter took care of the puffle. He was disappointed that he did all this! He desperately wanted Cleopatra back! But what could he do? The golden puffle statue was already banished in a pyramid... FOREVER!



The king died of sadness... The Egyptian Empire was upset... The loss of a beloved king and a beautiful princess was horrible!
The golden puffle statue was found a penguin explorer. The penguin was surprised to see such a rare treasure. But right in that moment, the golden puffle started to move! It was no longer a statue! But it still remained a puffle... Now it wanders in the wild like all the puffles did a long time ago... We shall not forget Cleopatra’s sad story...”


P.H. stopped talking. It was a long silence. She looked at me, but I looked away. I know legends are (usually) not true, but this story really made me sad... A tear rolled down on my cheek. P.H. saw this. She patted me on the back. “When I first heard the legend, I cried, too! You don’t have to hide this...” P.H. said. You might think that I am crazy that I am crying when I hear a story that’s not even real... Well, you might have a point there, but you didn’t know that I hate when a mother or father does something bad to her/his kid without even knowing... It’s all about family and love...
Anyway, let’s continue with telling MY story... I didn’t even realize when we got out of the Club Penguin World. We were approaching some dark woods. We camped out of the forest. We made a little bonfire and ate some mushrooms. After that, we slept in our tents...
I wasn’t so tired, even after such a long walk... I was thinking of the golden puffle. Was it really too dangerous to go in this quest? Will we ever find the puffle? I mean, come on, like the legend said, the golden puffle is wandering in the wild, right? Right then, a question just flashed in my mind. What is going to happen if we, let’s just say, find the golden puffle? Are we... (gulp)... going to transform into puffle statues or something like that? Brrrr, all those thoughts made me shiver. Finally, I went to sleep...

*Teodorutza was all by herself in the dark woods. “Hello? Is someone here? Anyone?” she said. She could only hear her echo. Suddenly, Teodorutza heard a wolf howling. A pack of wolves circled the lost penguin... Teodorutza screamed and started to ran as quickly as she could... The wolves were right behind her.
Teodorutza accidentally fell down on the cold and wet ground. A wolf bit Teodorutza’s foot. Blood came from it. A tear rolled down on Teodorutza’s cheek. She wanted to scream of despair.
Suddenly, the wolves left Teodorutza all alone. The lost penguin saw a shadow coming towards her. It was... a mummy penguin! Teodorutza wanted to run away, but with her injured foot, she couldn’t go anywhere. The mummy’s evil eyes froze Teodorutza. The second moment, the lost penguin was transformed into... a puffle statue!*


Chapter four – The Old Penguin
Dear Diary,

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!” That was me, screaming. I just had a terrible nightmare. P.H. came in my tent. Her hair was all messy. “Teodorutza, what’s going on?” P.H. said. “I... I had a nightmare! Oh, P.H., it was horrible! I shouldn’t have come in this quest. I’m too childish! I’m not fit for this quest. Not at all! I can’t believe that it was me who saved the Club Penguin World from Herbert’s evil claws! Go on, P.H.! You can laugh at me! I really mean it! I’m just a silly-billy penguin, that’s all!” I said. P.H. looked at me with two big eyes and then, said: “Are you KA-RAY-ZEE??? OMG, Teodorutza, I can’t believe you just said something like this. Why, you are one of the most popular penguins from the whole Club Penguin World. All the famous penguins, every single penguin from the Club Penguin World is thankful for your big success! Why did I give you all the puffles from the Puffle Shop for free? Because you’re a cool penguin and I like you! You are like a friend to me! You don’t have to take a step back now! Not even a single one! Don’t forget your dream... our dream!” P.H. was right! Sometimes, I can be a really KA-RAY-ZEE penguin... Finally, I calmed down.
We collected our tents and all our food and stuff from the backpacks and, well, went on the road again. We walked for two hours. I tried not to look around, at the big trees from the forest. It was kind of scary!
Suddenly, P.H. started to jump up and down like a completely maniac! I’m just saying... “P.H., are you okay?” I asked her. “The... the... dessert! The dessert! THE DESSERT! I can see a bit of the dessert! We are approaching the dessert! I’m sure that we are going to find the golden puffle! Oh, Teodorutza, isn’t it great???” P.H. said, still jumping up and down. I got a bit dizzy watching her... But I smiled. It was like a dream come true... “Yes, P.H., it’s great! But let’s not lolly-gag here! If we want to find the golden puffle, we must go!” I said. P.H. stopped jumping. “Yes, you’re right, let’s go!” P.H. said.
Suddenly, something strange came in front of us. It looked like we couldn’t go any further... “None shall pass the dessert!” the stranger said. P.H. remained like a statue. I didn’t. I approached the stranger with little steps. I was surprised when I saw that the stranger was... a penguin like us! It looked like Sensei... You know, old, with a really loooong beard. “What the heck you want? Why can’t I rest in peace in me cottage? Why do you want to get in the dessert, eh? It’s really hot out there, y’know... If you don’t have enough water, the mighty death is waiting for y’all! Heh-heh, explorers in those days... They don’t have brains at all... They dunno where they are going, that’s what... They just wander the world like some... oh, never mind...” the old penguin said. I looked at P.H. What could we do?
I looked right into the old penguin’s eyes and said: “We mean you no harm, believe us! We are just looking... for the golden puffle.” “The golden puffle, eh? Well, you waste a lotta time, y’know. The golden puffle is stolen. End of story. I suggest you to turn around and take care of your lives, me friends...” the old penguin said. He had a strange way of talking... A kind of pirate-talking (it reminded me of Captain Rockhopper)...
Wait a second? Did the old penguin just say that the golden puffle... is stolen??? P.H. woke up from her frozen moment! She made two HUGE eyes. She ran towards the old penguin. “Whoa, whoa! Stop right there! Did you just say “stolen”?” P.H. asked. “Aren’t ya hearing, or what? Yes, I just said that! A mummy stole the golden puffle some months ago. Now, go away, if you don’t get in danger...” the old penguin said. “But... but... we can’t do that... NO! We absolutely-positively can’t do that!!! This is our dream, to find the golden puffle. We can’t turn back!” I said. The old penguin looked at me and said: “You look like you are a true explorer, eh?” He sighed and then, looked at us, again. I got the feeling that he kind of wanted to help us... There was silence for some minutes... The old penguin said: “Come with me. I have something to show y’all...” P.H. was behind me. We followed the old penguin. We were getting closer to his cottage.
I don’t know why, but I was feeling like in “Hansel and Gretel”... I was Gretel and P.H., Hansel, and the old penguin, the witch that seemed friendly, but actually was an eating-kids criminal or something like that... Luckily, it wasn’t like that... The old penguin really helped us! Let me tell you everything that had happened...
We entered his cottage. It was very warm inside. It smelled of soup and... fish! Yummy! :) “Penguins have to be friends, right? I’m sorry that I was kind of harsh to y’all! Here, have some soup and fish.” the old penguin said. I smiled. I was glad that the old penguin turned out to be polite with us... :) “Are you from the Club Penguin World?” he asked us. “Yes.” P.H. said. “Pah, miserable place! I once lived there, y’know. I was a good friend with everyone, until... Oh, curse it! They started to say that I am crazy and strange or something like that... They banished me... FOREVER!” the old penguin said. I felt sorry for him... “Who “they”?” P.H. asked. “The famous penguins, who else?” the old penguin said. He turned his head away. I saw a little tear rolling down on his cheek. “Don’t get me wrong, I liked the Club Penguin World soooo much... I had a really nice house there...” the old penguin continued. It was strange. Why did the famous penguins banish him? There was no sense...
“Anyway, are you here to listen to my life or to something about the golden puffle?” the old penguin asked, trying to smile. I shrugged. “No matter, you can tell us about the golden puffle, if you want...” I said. The old penguin put on the table a newspaper. “OMG!” P.H. said. It was a photo with a penguin girl right next to the golden puffle.



“The golden puffle statue was all alone in the pyramid. It was safe... until this explorer found it... A mummy woke up, saw the golden puffle alive and tried to catch it. As you know, puffles are fast runners. It was hard for the mummy to catch the golden puffle. Finally, he made a trap for it and caught it. He took it in a secret hideout.” the old penguin said.



There was silence. All three of us were thinking. Finally, P.H. said: “How on earth will we find the secret hideout? I guess we will not return to the Club Penguin World with the golden puffle after all...” I can’t believe she just said that! “Actually, there is one way to find the secret hideout... You can go to the pyramid where the golden puffle was. I heard that there are some clues over there that might help y’all...” the old penguin said. I smiled. “You’ve been a great help for us!” I said. “We didn’t even get your name...” P.H. said. “Bailey. Me name’s Bailey. Yours?” Bailey said. I liked his name... :) “My name is Teodorutza and this is P.H. It’s coming from Puffle Handler.” I said. Bailey smiled. “Nice names. Perfect for some adventurous explorers, like y’all, y’know...” Bailey said. He looked at our empty bowls and plates. “I guess you liked the soup and the fish...” Bailey said. “It was great, y’know!” I said and we all laughed.
We stayed for another twenty minutes with Bailey and then, we prepared to leave. “Are ya sure that y’all gonna be okay?” Bailey asked us. “Don’t worry, after we are going to find the golden puffle, we are coming back to you. Seriously, we couldn’t have known all of this information without your help!” I said. P.H. nodded.
I was sorry I left Bailey’s cottage. I felt so good! The food was excellent, Bailey told us about the golden puffle and, well, I liked the way he spoke! :D Anyway, P.H. and I were getting closer to the golden puffle! Y’all know that! :D

Chapter five – A Pyramid, A Secret Hideout... A Golden Puffle!
Dear Diary,

P.H. and I found the pyramid and we entered it. We walked for a while and then, we found the room where the golden puffle was. It looked so... antic!



“Look, there is the place where the golden puffle was put!” P.H. said. On the wall, I saw the Egyptian language. I didn’t understand anything!



“How will we understand this language? Maybe there are the clue words Bailey was talking about!” I said. P.H. came closer to the wall. She studied it. “Wait! Look! There is a book with the translated language! Let’s look for English!” P.H. said.
We soon found out that the clue was a little riddle. Here it is:

“The golden puffle is rare
Many penguins say: BEWARE!
To find the secret hideout
You must get out
The river with the crocodiles
Stay away from it for miles
Walk under the sun
Get away from the mummy, just run!
The golden puffle might fall in the lava, a really hot one
Dear explorer, you can find it, you are number one!
----> Direction to the volcano:
The ray of the sun shows the north
The sand dunes take you to the east
A phoenix feather will be taken by the wind
And burn into the lava
That’s where you will find the wonderful treasure...”


I made a photo of the riddle with my agent phone. “Okay, it doesn’t seem so bad... I think... Let’s start with... the crocodiles!” I said. P.H. and I looked at the river from the room. There was a bridge and under it there were two HUNGRY crocodiles! “There is no other way to get out of the room. We must get over that bridge or we are going to be stuck here forever!” P.H. said.



One thing is for sure: I HATE CROCODILES! The bridge was swinging! I was trying not to look down... The crocodiles were RIGHT under us! One of them had its mouth open! Brrrr! :(
Suddenly, I accidentally slipped my foot. I almost fell off the bridge... One of the crocodiles almost bit my foot... Luckily, P.H. caught my hand and pulled me back on the bridge. “Come on, let’s get out of here!” she said. We ran out of the room and then, out of the pyramid. We were out again!
“Okay, we are out of the pyramid. Now do we have to do?” P.H. asked. I took my agent phone. “Um... The first line says: “The ray of the sun shows the north”.” I said. “Who made this riddle was crazy, that’s for sure! A ray of the sun is not visible... usually...” P.H. said. “And how come I see a very shiny ray which shows the north?” I said. P.H. made two big eyes. I was right! There were lots of ray, but there was one, which was shining more than the others. “Come on, then! Let’s follow it!” P.H. said. We walked for some minutes. P.H. was already feeling... nasty! “OMG, I need water! I am dying here!” she kept saying. “We don’t have enough water. We must keep it when we are really going to need it. We can’t give up now, P.H.!” I said.
Soon, we saw the sand dunes. Like the riddle said, they were heading towards east. We followed them. We soon got out from the dessert. We saw a cave. We entered it (that’s where the sand dunes stopped...). We saw something sparkling in the cave. It was the phoenix feather! We followed it. It was floating in the air, showing us the way...



Believe it or not, but we made it to the volcano!



And there, on a rock, it was... THE GOLDEN PUFFLE!!!



*The golden puffle was right in front of P.H. and Teodorutza. The penguin explorers just wanted to jump up and down for a thousand times! It was a dream come true! It was unbelievable!
Suddenly, the mummy, which was guarding the golden puffle, appeared from behind another rock. “You will never take the golden puffle! If you will, you will be cursed!” the mummy said. P.H. didn’t listen to what the mummy said. She ran towards the golden puffle, caught it and ran away with Teodorutza. The mummy was just behind them...



P.H. and Teodorutza were running and running, but they didn’t know which way was the exit... The mummy was getting closer to them... Suddenly, some rocks started to fall from the ceiling. “RUN!!!” P.H. yelled. She and Teodorutza climbed a big rock. A rock from the ceiling hit the mummy...
The ground was shaking... P.H. and Teodorutza were losing their balances! P.H. fell on the ground (with the golden puffle in her hands) and Teodorutza fell... in the red, hot lava...*

****TO BE CONTINUED****

Comments