Skip to main content

Nate’s Diary – Pupils vs. Professors (Part Two) by Teodora Leon





Nate plans a big fight between pupils and professors... But who had ever thought that professors are the most powerful persons? Who had ever wondered that being a superhero means responsibility? Not Nate, that’s for sure! Now, he is lost in an underground tunnel, his sidekicks are caught by the evilness and the professors are, well, from bad to worse every second passing by! Who can resolve all those problems? Who can defeat the enemies? Who can save the rest of the tribe from a terrible threat? And the most important of all: who can save Francis and Teddy from Godzilla’s evil claws? Super Nate? We will find out... You are destined to read this story (again!)...

Chapter one – Preparing For The Big Fight!
Dear Diary,

It’s official: having some sidekicks and so on is AWESOME! Now, Francis and Teddy are commanding the tribe what to do, what to prepare for the big fight/war... I am relaxing in my tent and I am eating yummy food and drinking different kinds of juices (apricot, apple, orange, peach etc.). I feel great! I don’t know why, but I feel that we are going to defeat the professors. Francis had already sent a message to Director Nichols to tell him that tomorrow morning we are ready to fight with them.
In all my “Super Nate” cartoons, I always win... To tell the truth: the children are smarter than any professor from the whole world! :D I’m totally sure that we are going to be the winners and they are going to be the losers!
Darn it, I have to go. Teddy just came to tell me that someone needs my help. What can I do? I am Super Nate, right? Duty calls!
P.S. I’ll be back after the fight... if I’m not going to be dead or something... EEK!!!

Chapter two – From Some Wonderful Moments To A Horrible Nightmare!!!
Dear Diary,

Guess where I am... No, not on the battlefield. Not even in my tent where it’s safe and warm! I... am... in... an... underground... tunnel! How come? Hear me out...
So, the fight began very early in the morning. The professors and my army approached each other with firm steps. The professors looked like some ordinary people (no swords, no shields). But my army had, well, everything! “It’s official: we’re going to win!” I said in my mind.
This was what I thought... But the truth was that the professors were really prepared for this fight! Believe it or not, but right in front of us, they transformed into real monsters! Mrs. Godfrey transformed into Godzilla (like in my cartoons) and the rest of the professors... well, into other strange (and scary!) monsters! Gulp!!! I wanted to run from the battlefield, but right then, I said to myself: “Don’t be a scaredy-cat, Nate! You are Super Nate! You are a superhero! That means that you can’t take a step back! Not a single one!” I came in front of the army. I looked at the professors. Mrs. Godfrey gave me a fierce look. I gulped. But I remained calm, deep breathed and announced: “Let the war... BEGIN!!!” OMG, I was almost crushed by Mrs. Godfrey’s huge (and smelly – yuck!) feet! What can I say about the battle? That it was tight and everyone was doing their best to defeat each other? Don’t worry, it wasn’t a bloody battle (come on, kids are not so cruel... the professors are!)... Suddenly, I saw that Francis and Teddy were fighting with Godzilla. With my super powers, I flew to them and put myself in front of my friends. Godzilla looked at me with two big eyes. “Don’t you dare hurt them! If you want them, you have to get through me!” I said. Okay, I shouldn’t have said that (I mean, the “you have to get through me” part), but, seriously, I had to save my friends... or else! Godzilla laughed (like a maniac) and said: “Nate, if you don’t get away, you will have a History test!” I thought that I was in the No-School World. I didn’t want to hear anything about tests, quizzes and so on... “No, Godzilla, I will never ever leave my friends in danger or something!” I said. Francis and Teddy smiled. “Very well then. I think I will do something worse than a History test...” Godzilla said. I didn’t move. But suddenly, everything was dark. I was falling... nowhere! I couldn’t see anything! After a few seconds (or minutes?) I landed on the ground. But everything was still dark. With my super powers, I got a torch and started to walk. At first, I didn’t realize where I was... But then, I found out... I was in an underground tunnel! Yes... We are back to the beginning of the chapter... In this stupid tunnel! Maybe Godzilla specially made it... for me!!! Ouch!!! Anyway, I have only one thing to say: I AM DOOMED!

Chapter three – Super Nate Saves The World (Hooray!)!
Dear Diary,

I can’t believe how many adventures a kid can have... Let me tell you what happened in the last hours...
So... I was in the tunnel, starving and worried... You might think: “Hey, Super Nate has super powers, right? Well, he can make food and drinks appear!” Your thoughts are 100% correct, but the bad news are that... I can’t make this! My super powers are only for saving and so on, not for bringing stuff like food etc. While I was thinking how much time had passed since my “disappearing from the battlefield” moment, I heard a strange sound. I was surprised to see a mole right next to me... “Hello, Super Nate!” the mole said. It looked like everyone from the No-School World knew me. “Um... hi!” I said. “I heard about that big, noisy battle from outside. I also heard that you were kind of banished here, in my underground tunnels.” the mole said. “Your underground tunnels?” I asked surprised. “Yes. And, do you know what? I can help you to get out of here!” the mole said. “Really? Thanks a lot!” I said. “Follow me. We only have five minutes to walk to the nearest exit.” the mole said.
I was so happy when I saw the sun. I thanked the mole again and flew back to the battlefield. The rest of the tribe was there! “Guys, what happened? Where are the professors? Where are Francis and Teddy?” I asked. “Oh, Super Nate, you are back! The professors are gone. They defeated us! Godzilla took Francis and Teddy in her secret hideout.” Jenny said. Gosh, Jenny just spoke to me! “Um... thanks, Jenny, for the given information! I will be back with Francis and Teddy.” I said.
With my super powers, I found out Godzilla’s secret hideout. Francis and Teddy were in a big cage. “Super Nate! You are back!” they said. “You!!!” Godzilla said. “Yes... Me, Godzilla! I’m back to defeat you! In fact, I’m back to defeat all of the professors! Four words: I AM SUPER NATE!” I said. In the second moment, all the professors simply disappeared, including Godzilla. I did this with the help of my super powers, of course!
You can’t imagine how happy everyone was! Francis and Teddy told me that I am a great friend and Jenny hugged me, saying that I am her hero. I felt so happy!



Right then, something strange happened...

Chapter four – Dream or Reality?
Dear Diary,

I woke up in my bedroom! Was this only... a dream? Curse it! I looked at my clock. I had to go to school! I quickly put my clothes and rushed outside, without eating breakfast! When I got at school, I entered the class. I saw Mrs. Godfrey. She had a strange face. And I smelled something really bad... A pop quiz!



I was desperate! A pop quiz at History! Like, how crazy is that? I was cursing in my desk, looking at the clock. The minutes were passing by slowly... Rats!



“NATE!!! Concentrate on your pop quiz!” Mrs. Godfrey shouted. Oh, shut up, you!



God, what else can I do? Pray for a fire drill? I am dead!



Anyway, one thing is for sure: I had the most wonderful dream ever! It’s a pity though that this wasn’t reality...



Have fun on Nate's Website! The End

Comments