Skip to main content

Angelina’s Diary - The Secret Cave by Teodora Leon



Dear Diary,
Today is the first day of summer. In two weeks I’m going to be on holiday. I can’t wait! But I’m going to miss a bit Miss Lilly’s ballet lessons... Never mind, let’s get back to writing. Today, Alice and I had a secret club meeting in our Treetop Club. Alice was a bit late, but it didn’t matter. When she arrived, everything was ready: our pink and green pillows to sit on, two glasses of pink lemonade and two slices of Cheddar cheese pies (specially made it by mom, yummy!). Alice sat on her green pillow and got out from her blue bag with pink stripes some cheesy mints and also some cheesy pops (my favorites!). “So, what’s the big thing?” Alice asked, her mouth full of cheesy pops (disgusting!). “Well, I was just thinking: you know that every summer we go to the seaside with William, don’t you?” I said. “Of course, it’s such fun making sandcastles, swimming in the sea, collecting different types of shells...” Alice said, dreaming about the seaside. “Well, I decided to do this year something much more exciting than swimming or making sandcastles...” I said, preparing to tell the BIG thing. “I thought you liked the seaside!” Alice said, grabbing some cheesy mints from her bag. “I do, but I thought that camping in the mountains will be much better!” I said. Alice remained silentl. “Camping?” she asked surprised. “Yes, it’s wonderful, you know! We will sleep in our tents, before bedtime, we could sit under the sparkling stars, we will have a bonfire and we’re going to eat cheese burgers, popcorn and maybe mom will make us some Cheddar cheese pies, too! We could also bring some yummy stuff from Mrs. Thimble’s General Store! Believe me, Alice! You’ll love it!” I said, jumping excitedly all around the Treetop Club. “I’m not sure about that... I’ve never been in a camping before... I don’t even know how to build a tent!” Alice said. “Don’t worry, I’m going to teach you!” I said. “Who will come with us in our camping?” Alice asked. “I think Uncle Louie...” I said. “I still have to talk about camping with mom...” I continued. “Is William coming with us?” Alice asked (she finished all the cheesy pops and mints... I only took four cheesy pops and seven cheesy mints! Great!...). “No, it’s much better with only the two of us!” I said. Right after that, the secret club meeting was over and Alice left. In a few minutes, I’m going to ask mom (again!) about the camping. Wish me luck!

Dear Diary,
I had a wonderful success! Mom agreed with the camping idea and called Uncle Louie! He said that it will be lovely to go in a camping with me and Alice. The problem is that Henry has to come, too! I don’t want to, but mom said: “No Henry, no camping!”. I guess I have to go with my annoying cousin...

Dear Diary,
Today was a busy day. Alice and I packed our things in our backpacks. This weekend we will go camping! I can’t wait!!! We’ll be back on Sunday evening. It’s going to be so much fun! After the ballet show, The Princess of Roses, (that’s me), I think I am going in Paris... Mom and dad didn’t decide yet. Anyway, I’m looking forward to this weekend! Alice is very excited, too! Wish me fun!

Dear Diary,
I’m in the mountains, sitting by the bonfire. I woke this morning very early and waited for Henry, Alice and Uncle Louie to come. When they arrived, we said goodbye to my mom and Uncle Louie promised her that he is going to take care of us. All the way, Henry asked silly questions (it is his first camping, just like Alice’s) like: “Are there werewolves in the mountains? I’m really scared of them...” or “What if is going to be an earthquake while we are sleeping?”. “Don’t be silly, Henry! There are no werewolves and there is not going to be any earthquake at all. Stop asking stupid things! We will never arrive in the mountains if we walk like that!” I said and Henry shut up his mouth (at last!).
I hated when we climbed the mountains... My backpack was so heavy and I couldn’t move a muscle... I was so tired. Luckily, Uncle Louie stopped for a while. We ate some cheese sandwiches and then, climbed for a bit. “Finally!” Alice called when we put our backpacks on the ground. “My back is aching!” she continued. “Don’t worry, some Cheddar cheese burgers and some popcorn will make you happier!” Uncle Louie said. While he put up the tents, Alice, Henry and I collected firewood for the bonfire.
It was great at the bonfire! The Cheddar cheeseburgers were great and the popcorn as well. But the Cheddar cheese pies were EXTRA yummy!!! Now Uncle Louie prepares the sleeping bags, Henry sings a silly song and Alice eats her bag of cheesy pops. I can’t wait to sleep in my (pink!) tent! Still, I wished that I could sleep outside... The stars are so twinkly!

Dear Diary,
You will never guess what happened last night! Alice woke me up and told me that she heard a wolf shouting at the bright moon (I think). “Don’t be silly, Alice! You must have dreamt it!” I said. “No, I didn’t!” Alice said. Right after that, we heard the wolf shouting again. “See? I told you!” Alice said. Both of us went outside. There was no wolf around... “Look, a cave!” Alice shouted. “Shhhh!” I said. “We don’t want to wake up Uncle Louie or Henry, right?” I continued and took a torch from my backpack. “Let’s go inside!” Alice said in a whisper. “Okay.” I said.
It was very dark inside the cave. Luckily, the torch led our way. We met a group of bats (horrors!) and then... we got lost! We couldn’t remember our way back... “Oh, no! What are we going to do, Angelina?” Alice asked. I sat on a big rock and thought for a moment. I really didn’t know what to do! What if we’re going to be lost forever? After a while, I said: “Let’s give it another try. We must return until Uncle Louie wakes up. Who knows? Maybe he is awake and looks for us...” I said. We both went to find a way out...
You will never ever EVER believe me, but Alice and I found a treasure! A real treasure with gold and jewels inside it. It was unbelievable! Alice made a horrible mistake: she took a crown and some jewels and a scary ghost appeared. Yes, a ghost! I’m not kidding! It spoke to us with a really scary voice. “I’m the ghost of the lost treasure! Get away from it! I will never let you steal it!” it said. Alice and I screamed and ran away. The ghost chased us! We hid after a wall and discovered a rusty, old sword. It was an old note next to it: “If you meet the ghost, use this magic sword. It will kill it!”. “How can a sword kill a ghost? A ghost is already dead and everything can go through it!” I said. “This is a magic sword, Angelina!” Alice said. Ghosts, treasures, magic swords? It was too much for me! The ghost found us, but luckily, the sword really helped us. It killed the ghost! I can’t believe this! It doesn’t make any sense... Whatever, you might believe me with this story (I would never lie to you), but everybody thought that Alice and I were nuts! Uncle Louie, Henry, mom, dad and Miss Lilly told us that it was just a dream, but it wasn’t... at all! Only William... He sent us a note at a breaktime at school: “Ghosts and magic swords? That’s cool! I wish I could C it, 2! Signed, William”.
It’s not fair! I don’t know why nobody believes us! When Uncle Louie, told my mom the story, she said: “Are you crazy, Angelina? I know it was a dream, anyway! But what happened there, really?”. I knew that she wouldn’t believe, not even for a teeny-tiny second, so I just said: “You will never know mom, you will never know...”.
The End

Comments