Skip to main content

Nate’s Diary – Pupils vs. Professors (Part One) by Teodora Leon




Everybody knows Big Nate, right? Everyone knows he is destined for greatness... Nate has some problems at school... His classmates hate him, Artur took away Nate’s girlfriend, Jenny, and all the professors have some nasty surprises for those who don’t learn... Three words: NATE HATES SCHOOL! But who had ever wondered that pupils could have fights with professors? Who had ever wondered that a normal kid could have powers to defeat the enemies? Not Nate, that’s for sure! But he would do anything to make his wish come true... You are destined to read this story! P.S. This is an introduction to a great adventure...

Chapter one – A Normal Day
Dear Diary,

My name is Nate Wright. But, hey, everybody knows me! Why, I am one of the most popular kids from the whole world!
With the help of a friend of mine, Lincoln Peirce, I draw everything that happens in my life. Now I am even drawing myself better (from the 1991 to 2006 – there has got to be some changes!).



I don’t know about others, but... I hate school! I think the word “school” actually means “kids’ jail”. No, seriously, that’s what I think! I mean, the professors are always telling you what to do and they never let you to do anything you want... Plus they give you mountains of homework! This is a teachers’ pet’s dream, I’m telling you!
First of all, let’s start with my family... I live with Dad and Ellen, my annoying sister. Dad is okay... He knows how to be a dad, but sometimes he can’t understand my horrible problems at school... What can I say about Ellen? That she is a teachers’ pet and a stupid girl, with lots and lots of crazy stuff in her mind?
After a short talk about my family, let’s go to the “school problem”... First of all, there are the classmates. They hate me! Why? Well, because I’m strange, stupid and so on. The thing is... they don’t have any idea that I am the best from the whole School Nr. 38!
Everyone has an enemy or two... There is a boy called Artur. He just came at my school. Before him, everything in my life was awesome! I was the first cool boy from my class (not from the whole school)! But now, everything is ruined... Hmmmm... To tell the truth, I don’t mind soooo much that Artur is in the middle of the attention... The thing, which irritates me, is that Artur stole... my... girlfriend! Well, I shouldn’t actually say “girlfriend”... There is this really nice girl called Jenny. I like her since the first grade! I think she likes me, too, but doesn’t show this... In the third grade, we had a trip to a museum (boring!). But I had a lot of fun because Jenny stayed with me. We laughed and said jokes... We were just like friends! At the end of the trip, Jenny told me that I am a cool boy... This made me happy! Very, very, VERY happy! From that day on, we talked to each other and, well, had fun together! She liked spending time with me! But now... EVERYTHING IS ABSOLUTELY RUINED! I think Jenny doesn’t even know my name anymore... Curse you, Artur!
Stop right there! Artur isn’t my only enemy! There is Gina, a teachers’ pet, who tries to ruin my life! She always tells the teachers the bad things I do during a class! I wish I could just tear her up!!!
As you can see, my life isn’t fair! It’s so hard to like school when you know that the professors are yelling at you everyday and that some of the classmates are simply stupid!
Mrs. Godfrey, the History professor (which happens to be the form teacher, too), hates me a lot! There isn’t one single day without hearing Mrs. Godfrey saying “NATE!!!” on an angry tone... I usually take my revenge by writing a new nickname for her! Here are some of them: Animal Planet, Big Bang, Godzilla, Moby Dick, Titanic, XXL etc. It’s hard to give the professors some nicknames, but I am pretty good at this thing...
I think I’ve said too much about my problems... Sorry, but I calm down when I tell someone my unfair life or when I spend some time with my best friends, Francis and Teddy.
Francis is kind of a teachers’ pet, too, but at least he helps me when I am in trouble!
Teddy is a funny boy! When I am angry, he always tells me something funny... Sometimes, his jokes can be annoying, so I ignore him... To make long story short, Francis and Teddy will always be my friends (no matter what!)... Let’s not stay lolly-gagging here! Let’s start with story-telling! Today, I went to school. It was one of the most horrible school days from my whole life!!! All the professors yelled at me, telling that all my work is incorrect and so on... Mrs. Godfrey saw me eating a chewing gum during her class (she hates chewing gum); Mrs. Clarke (English) gave me a D for writing another poem about cheese chips; Professor John (Sports) put me to run around the gym for twenty times (ow, my legs!); Mr. Rosa didn’t like the drawing with me, standing next to a dinosaur who was eating Mrs. Godfrey (hi-hi-hi!); Mr. Staples gave me a B because I accidentally spilled Cola on his shirt (his favorite shirt, like he said) and Mr. Calvin yelled at me because I didn’t do my Biology homework (it was just an exercise which I didn’t understand it...). I told you: LIFE ISN’T FAIR!!!
When I got home, Dad found out about my mistakes. He wasn’t so pleased with this... He punished me: “No TV and no computer!” Great! Now, I am stuck in my room with lots and lots of notebooks (for homework). I can’t even meet with Francis and Teddy! I HATE MY LIFE!!! Believe me, but this is kind of a normal day for me... All of this happens everyday (except for Saturday and Sunday). It’s nothing new to me... except that my life is getting unfair everyday passing by! AAAARRGH!!!

Chapter two – Let’s Prepare The War!
Dear Diary,

It’s so good when I go to bed. I can finally relax after a long, hard day... My pillow is comfy... I can go to sleep... I can forget for some hours about school and so on...
But, hey! Something strange had just happened! I woke up... in an unknown world! Believe it or not, but Francis and Teddy were right next to me. “Francis? Teddy? What’s going on? Where am I?” I asked. “Welcome to No-School World... Super Nate!” Francis said. No-School World? I’ve never heard of this place... Anyway, it sounded quite interesting... Wait, did Francis say “Super Nate"? Why, I call myself Super Nate in my cartoons! I looked at my clothes. I had the Super Nate clothes!!! I couldn’t believe it... “Come on, guys. Super Nate has to see the rest of the tribe!” Teddy said.
Do you know what “the rest of the tribe” meant? My classmates! Luckily, Artur and Gina weren’t there! Cool! It was surprising though that all the classmates were my fans. While I was approaching them, they were saying “SN! SN! SN! SN!” (That meant Super Nate.) “Super Nate, we are surrounded by the evilness of the professors. We waited for you to come. We need your help. Before starting all of this, the rest of the tribe wants to hear a sentence or two that might make them courageous...” Francis said. “I... I...” I said, but Teddy took my hand and put me in the middle of the tribe. Lots of pairs of eyes were watching me. I wasn’t sure what to say... “I, um...” I said. My classmates came closer to me. I thought for a moment. So, they wanted to have kind of a fight with the professors and defeat them, right? Well, there was only one thing to say... “LET’S PREPARE THE WAR!” I shouted. Everyone screamed happily.
****TO BE CONTINUED****

Comments