Skip to main content

Teodora’s Book Reviews: “Undead Ed and the Howling Moon” by David Grimstone





“Being undead sucks... Especially if you’re a kid!”
That’s what Ed Bagley says...
I want to ask you a (silly) question: would you like to be dead or not? Anyway, one thing is for sure: Ed Bagley hates being dead! At least, that’s what he thought at the first time...
Everything started on Ed’s 13th birthday... Imagine this sight: it’s raining outside and a boy (that’s Ed) has his foot stuck in a broken grate... in the middle of the road!!!
When I read this paragraph, “If anything, the storm actually helped to kill me: it blocked out the flash of the headlights and the noise from the oncoming truck. Looking back, I guess I did everything I could have done: I shouted out and waved my arms and stuff... but the truck wasn’t stopping.”, I panicked. What was it going to happen? But I think I already knew the answer, but I couldn’t just tell it... When I read this paragraph, “I felt dead. I had been... decapitated. I know: I saw it happen. I saw my own head rolling up the road: I think it even knocked over a traffic cone.”, I just... froze. I was so... scared! :(
I couldn’t believe it: did Ed just die? Come on, he is (pardon, “was”) only thirteen! If you call this a celebration, I’m outta here! Seriously, when I read in books death scenes, I want to cry or something like that... This story reminded me of another one called “Agent Angel – Keeping it real”. Mel was a girl who also died on her birthday. A car hit her. It’s the same thing, isn’t it?



Anyway, from the moment Ed dies, a new “villain” appears: Ed’s left arm. No, seriously, I’m telling the truth! Ed’s left arm wants to kill... Ed. Why? Well, that’s a very good question! To find out the answer... read the book!
To keep long story short, Ed makes a new friend called Max Moon (who is a werewolf) and, with the help of some other monsters, they try to stop the evil left arm from his evil plans...
You will never guess who was inside the left arm! It was a... clown (named Kambo Cheepteeth)! I am sure that you are now saying: “A clown? Seriously, a clown? Man, this book sucks!” You are wrong, dear (dead?) reader... The clown is quite evil and the book is very interesting (and maybe a little scary, too)! Okay, okay, maybe a lot! But anyway, I am sure that this paragraph is going to convince you that this book has to be read (it doesn’t matter if you are a scaredy-cat... or does it?): “The clown was about six feet tall, and it is difficult to know how to begin describing him. A mop of curly green hair stood out in the moonlight, but it looked as if it had been colored with green gloss that had burned up in too much direct sunlight. The hair itself was matted and much of it stood out in darker swathes. Finally, Kambo was a monster: bulging, bloodshot eyes and a plastic blood-red nose overshot and a mouth crammed full of rotting teeth. When he smiled, it was like the gates of hell opening to greet you.”
What else can I say? Read the book... or else! And don’t worry, you will not die if you read it... or will you? :|



Comments