Skip to main content

Teodora’s Book Reviews: “The Real Rebecca” by Anna Carey





Meet Rebecca Rafferty! She is fourteen. She has two friends named Alice and Cass. (“So, here I am, Rebecca Rafferty, now the wonderful age of fourteen and back in horrible St. Dominic’s again, writing in my diary in the middle of Geography.”) This is the beginning to another story...
Rebecca has an older sister named Rachel, a dad and a mom... who writes books! You might think: “Wow, Rebecca has a mom who writes books? That’s cool! She must be proud to have such a cool mom!” Well, you are wrong! Rebecca is not pleased with mom’s books... Not at all! Especially with mom’s latest book... She wrote the book inspired by Rebecca and Rachel’s antics.
Everyone had heard about Rebecca’s mom’s new book. They had read it. They think that the strange character from the story is Rebecca! Rebecca is H-O-R-R-I-F-I-E-D! Rachel is horrified, too! But the worse situation is at Rebecca!
Rebecca’s enemy, Karen, is annoying her! And Vanessa Finn, Rebecca’s biggest pain from her class, wants to use her “fame” to get herself on the reality show “My Big Birthday Bash”. Rebecca can’t support such a thing like this! She must show everyone THE REAL REBECCA! But the question is: how?
I like books about an ordinary girl’s life... Especially when there is a book diary... And most of all, I like the parts with suspense. That is the key of making a story good and liked by many people!
“The Real Rebecca” is quite a good book! The story is about friendship, love and caring for each other. I mean... Come on, do you really think that mom wanted to embarrass her daughters??? That’s silly! Yeah, maybe she had done a pretty awful mistake (without wanting), but... Seriously, I think Rebecca had gone too far with all of this...
Well, to tell the truth, I think I would have become crazy and angry on someone who would write something awful about me... But anyway, I liked Rebecca’s great idea of showing everyone the real her! A concert! Well, not exactly a concert, there was a competition (or, should I say, “battle”?) between bands. Alice, Cass and Rebecca made their own band called “Hey Dollface”.
Rebecca (with the help of her very best friends) told everyone, let’s just say, the “truth” about her. She sang a song telling about the real her. She didn’t win the battle of the bands... I felt sorry for her! But at least everyone realized who Rebecca really is...
I liked the book a lot! You definitely have to read it! :)

P.S. I just realized that “The Real Rebecca” is similar to “Dork Diaries – Pop Star”.



Don’t you agree with me? I mean, think about it:

1. a) Rebecca has two friends, Alice and Cass.
1. b) Nikki (from “Dork Diaries”) has two friends, Chloe and Zoey.

2. a) Rebecca has a crush, Paperboy.
2. b) Nikki has a crush, Brandon.

3. a) Rebecca has a band, “Hey Dollface”.
3. b) Nikki has a band, “Actually, I’m not really sure yet”.

And, the most important of all:

4. a) Rebecca has a diary.
4. b) Nikki has a diary.

Cool, am I right or wrong? :D

Comments