Skip to main content

The Unexpected Criminal by Cezi, Miri and Teo





One day, after a very hard week at school, I decided to go to my dad's office. He works near my school. When I arrived, the car wasn't in front of the business building. I thought he had gone there by foot, but I was wrong. Happily, I opened the door of his office and I screamed out loud: "Surprise!" When I came in... I realised that the room was empty.
I looked for his things, but I didn't find them anywhere. Suddenly, the door closed. I was scared and didn't know what to do. I tried to open it. Unfortunately, someone locked it. Great! I was in my dad's office alone. After a while, a wonderful idea showed up. I tried to call my dad, but he didn't answer. I tried to call my mum, too. She didn't answer, either. "What happened to those people?" I said.
I heard strange voices talking. Then, I called the police. And, of course, my phone turned off. It always does that when I really need it. Nothing happened for a few hours and I got bored waiting for someone's help. I decided to open the window. Lucky me, I could do that! I looked around and I jumped out with my stuff.
Unfortunately, I broke my leg and couldn't move it anymore. I started shouting, but nobody was there. After two minutes, I saw a woman passing by. "Please, I need your help!" I said. I was relieved when she told me that she was a doctor. I couldn't believe it when my parents arrived. I was very happy. I cried a bit though... They took me to the nearest hospital and the doctor took care of me.
Later, Teodora, one of my best friends, visited me. I was surprised to see her there! "Hi, Cezara! How are you? I'm so sorry about the accident!" Teodora said. "Hi, Teo! I'm so glad you came! But... how did you know that I was here? Did my parents call you?" I asked. Teodora opened her mouth, but then shut it. She couldn't find an answer. "Um... Well, you see, I... Um..." She stopped and looked into my eyes. I felt that something smelt fishy... "Is there something you'd like to tell me, Teo?" I said. I was quite shocked when my friend started to cry. "Cezara... I... I was the one who locked you in your dad's office... I didn't mean to." Teo said. "But why would you do such a thing? Especially to me?" I asked. I wasn't angry... I was just very disappointed! "I thought you were another girl called Michelle. Her father works in the same office with yours. She is my classmate and I absolutely-positively hate her! I wanted to teach her a lesson because she is very rude with me and my friends. This is the truth, I swear!" "OMG! I can't believe it! Anyway, I forgive you. But you should ignore Michelle..." I said.
After a few weeks from the accident, Teo and I watched a horror movie called... "The Unexpected Criminal"... We were friends again! :)
The End

Comments