Skip to main content

Horrid Henry (and Perfect Peter)’s Adventure on the Strange Island of the Red Volcano by Teodora Leon



Hi there, folks, my name is Horrid Henry! Do you know me? No? Nah, don’t worry, I’m going to introduce myself to you, my 100% stupid brother, my stuck-up cousin, my BF and even one of my enemies...After that, you can enjoy one of my horrid adventures! Have fun!!! Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!
Horrid Henry (me, of course): I’m a very, very horrid boy! And, believe me, I love to do naughty things! I hate my brother, Perfect Peter, I like to watch Mutant Max at TV and I like football, burgers and chips! My best friend is Rude Ralph. He helps me to do horrid things on Peter or on Moody Margaret. Have you got your own gang? Well, I do. Its name is Purple Hand Gang. I’m the leader of this cool gang (or should I say “King Henry The Horrible”?) and Ralph is the-second-in-command. Oh, I almost forgot: I like The Killer Boy Rats (they have an awesome rock band). And, trust me, I’ve got all their CD’s in my room (even posters with them!)! Cool, isn’t it? P.S. I’ve got a horrid hamster named Fang.
Perfect Peter: He is a smelly-nappy baby! He likes Happy Hippos and Fairy Fun (100% boring) and he gets good marks at school (I don’t...). Mom and dad are so proud of their “clever little angel” because he is soooo perfect! He likes vegetables (yuck!) and has his own gang for smelly-nappy babies like him or his friends! I already know the password of this stupid gang: it’s “vitamins”!...Can I tell you a secret? When Peter was little, I saved him from a dog who wanted to attack us (especially Peter!). I know, I know, it’s a little bit strange...I saved Peter when our old wardrobe fell on him! I pushed him and, guess what? The wardrobe fell on me! I broke my arm and had to go to the hospital! The worst thing about this is that everyone found out of what happened. They even started to call me a hero! Brilliant, isn’t it? Ohhhh, I really wish that I hadn’t done this! P.S. Peter has got a cat named Fluffy. Fluffy is horrible because she ruins my homework and scares Fang!
Moody Margaret: Oooohh, I REALLY hate this girl! She thinks that The Purple Hand Gang is stupid and boring (that’s not true) and she always steals my money box and finds out my brilliant plans of attacking her gang for her friends (Singing Soraya, Lazy Linda, Clever Clare)! Margaret hates to stay with boys (Anxious Andrew, Weepy William, Greedy Graham, Brainy Brian, Aerobic Al) and she likes witches.
Rude Ralph: he is my best friend. And believe me, sometimes, he can be very rude!...He always brings me cool presents!!!
There are so many people to introduce, but I think that you are bored and want to read my story, aren’t you? No problem, if you want to know more things about my life, visit my website: www.horridhenrystuff.co.uk (it’s real!). Now, here’s the story:
First of all, I want to ask you a question: have you ever made a story about you and your adventures? Yes? Well, this is my first one! I know it sounds pretty weird, but believe me, it’s much fun to play on the computer or watch TV...Anyway, I would never want to write a story until Miss Battle-Axe (my teacher) told us at school to do that...
“Summer is coming, class, and I need some stories from you.” Miss Battle-Axe said. “Some (gulp) stories?” I asked, terrified. “Yes, about you and an adventure of yours!” Miss B-A continued. “About us and an adventure of ours?” I asked again, still terrified. “Yes! Is there an echo here? And, Henry, I know that you have a little brother called Peter! You can make this story about you and him, too!” my teacher said. “My smelly-nappy brother? In my story???!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I yelled. Kind of a nightmare, isn’t it?
I had to stay all the afternoon writing this story!!! And the worst part is that I missed Mutant Max – episode 44! What a shame! Anyway, let’s get to my story, okay? Remember, this is my homework, it’s not real...
It was a wonderful day...a perfect day to play football...But unluckily, Peter had a magic wand from some stupid fairies and he made a wrong spell and both of us got stuck in the middle of nowhere (what? It’s my story, I can say whatever I want, right?). It was an island...Great, isn’t it? “Well done, you worm! We’re stuck on a stupid island because of your magic wand!!!” I screamed. Peter started to cry (he’s such a baby!). “It’s not my fault! It was an accident! Oh, please, don’t yell at me! I’m only little!” Peter sobbed. “Yeah, little and stupid!” I said, ready to hit him. But then, I saw a huge volcano. “Wow, a volcano! Let’s go to it!” I said. “I’m not so sure about that, Henry!” Peter said. “If you’re such a scaredy-cat, you can stay here...alone!” I said. “All right, all right! I’ll come with you!” Peter said.
We walked for a while on the island and, suddenly, Mutant Max appeared! “Mutant Max? Is it really you?” I asked very surprised. “Why, of course! I’m here because I need my treasure from the Red Volcano!” Mutant Max said. “I can help you with that!” I said. “Thank you! As a reward, I’m going to give five rare posters with the Killer Boy Rats! I know you really like them!” Mutant Max said. “Oh, thank you! I’m going to bring you the treasure as soon as possible!” I said. “If you help me, too, what do you want?” Max asked Peter. “Nothing, I’ve got many toys and books! I don’t need anything, thank you! But it would be a pleasure to help you, sir!” Peter said. Sometimes, Peter can be very strange. “My, my! What an unusual boy, indeed!” Mutant Max said. “Oh, come on, Peter! Let’s go! Mutant Max’s treasure is waiting for us! Killer Boy Rats posters, here I come!” I yelled, grabbing Peter’s hand.
On my way, I met many strange animals...The most incredible animal was this one: it had a monkey head, a tiger body, a lion tail and elephant legs (little ones). Strange, isn’t it? The worst thing is that this animal caught us and put us in a cage...Kind of an obstacle, isn’t it? The best thing is that Peter got us out of the cage with his magic wand. I just can’t believe that I said to him “thank you”!!!...
When we got to the Red Volcano, guess who we met...That’s right: Moody Margaret...and Ralph! He was with Margaret!!! How unfair is that? Both of them were wearing pirate clothes...The treasure was right behind Margaret. “You never going to take this treasure, Henry! Never ever!” Moody Margaret said. “Oh, yeah? You bet! Peter, hand me the magic wand!” I said. I made a spell and Margaret fell into the hot lava. What about Ralph? I transformed him into a statue! I regretted that, but I had no choice...I took the treasure and went back to Mutant Max. He gave me the posters. I was so happy! With the help of the magic wand, we went back home! I will never forget this adventure...
The End
Well, what do you think of my story? Do you like it? Yes? Good, because nobody else liked it! Miss Battle-Axe gave me an F (as usual) and when Peter saw the story, he told mom and dad that I called him smelly-nappy baby! You know what that means, don’t you? No TV for two weeks and no sweets for a month! Well, this first story was a good experience...don’t you think?
The End (the real end)

Comments