Skip to main content

Angelina's New Friends by Teodora Leon



It was a beautiful summer day in Chipping Cheddar. The sun was shining on the blue sky, the bees were buzzing, the colored butterflies were flying above the wonderful flowers and the birds were singing in the trees. Angelina and Alice were riding their bikes because they had to go to Miss Lilly’s ballet school. Miss Lilly had a surprise for her little mouselings! That’s why Angelina and Alice were so excited!
The two best friends arrived just in time to Miss Lilly’s ballet school. Their friends, William, Flora, Felicity, Gracie and Vici were going inside the ballet school with Miss Lilly. Soon after that, Priscilla and Penelope Pinkpaws, the horrible twins, arrived. They were puffing and breathing hardly. All the mouselings were surprised. The Pinkpaws sisters were never late in a place! “You’re late, my darlinks! Quickly, put on your tutus and your ballet slippers and let’s start dancing!” Miss Lilly said, preparing the piano for Miss Quaver. Priscilla and Penelope were very upset. They looked angry at Angelina and then put on their ballet costumes and prepared to dance.
While they were dancing, Angelina was talking quietly with Alice. “I don’t know why, but those horrible Pinkpaws looked at me angrily...They are always doing that.” Angelina said and she a made a nice pirouette. Alice sighed. “And, you know, I can’t understand why they are so jealous of me...That I’m a much better ballerina dancer than them? That’s stupid!” Angelina continued, looking at the Pinkpaws twins. Alice sighed again. “Alice, are you listening to me?” Angelina asked her friend. “Oh, yes! I’m listening...” Alice said and she made a plie. “Alice, you’re not okay. I can see that on your face...Is there something wrong?” Angelina asked, worried. “Well, Angelina, I’m...I’m tired of hearing your thoughts about Priscilla and Penelope. And I also hate to see you fighting with them! Why can’t you just...be friends?” Alice asked in a whisper, realizing that Miss Lilly was looking at her and the other dancers very strange. “Friends? Friends?! Alice, are you joking? I’m never going to be friend with those Pinkpaws, even if someone tells me the secret to be a prima ballerina!” Angelina said and made another pirouette. “But...” Alice said, but she was interrupted by Miss Lilly’s clapping. “You danced wonderful, my darlinks! Now, I’m going to tell you the surprise!” Miss Lilly said, cheerfully. Everyone cheered and danced joyfully...except for Alice. “I’m really, really sure that you wouldn’t believe me, but King Ferdinand and Queen Seraphina are coming in Chipping Cheddar to celebrate their wedding anniversary! The three princesses, Valentina, Sophie and little Phoebe, will come, too! To celebrate this wonderful day, I decided to make a magnificent ballet show with my talented mouselings!” Miss Lilly said. All the mouseligs danced and shouted happily! They were about to meet the King and Queen (and also the princesses) of all the Mouseland!!! Angelina was very, very excited! She met one day the King, the Queen and the royal princesses and now, she was about to meet them again! They could see her dancing! That was splendid for her! She was so happy that she didn’t see Alice’s sad face. Her best friends wasn’t so excited after all...”Each of you are going to dance with a partner. Angelina will be with Alice, Priscilla and Penelope will dance together, Flora will be with Felicity and Gracie will be with Vici and William. Angelina and Alice, the perfect two ballerina dancers, will have the principal part and the others will have the second one. You can go home now, I’ll tell you more about this ballet show tomorrow morning. And remember, my darlinks: all of you are important in this show!” Miss Lilly said and after that, she waved goodbye to her little mouselings and left the classroom.
Angelina and Alice went in the dressing room to take their ballet bags. When they got outside, they saw Priscilla and Penelope. They were very angry! But when they saw Angelina, they got much angrier! “This is all your fault!” Priscilla shouted at Angelina. “But what have I done?” Angelina asked, surprised. “What have you done? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? You’ve done a lot, Miss Mouseling! But the saddest thing is that you and Alice have the principal parts and we’ve got stupid second parts!” Penelope said, preparing to hit Angelina with her leg. “But haven’t you heard what did Miss Lilly tell us? She said that all of us are important in this ballet show!” Angelina said, stamped her foot and then, she hit Penelope with her ballet bag. Priscilla remained shocked. “You...you hit my sister!” she said. “Yes, I did!” Angelina said, proudly. “How dare you to hit my sister?!” Priscilla asked and then, she hit Angelina with her ballet bag, too! After that...there’s no need to tell you what happened next...Angelina fought with Priscilla and Penelope and Alice was looking at them sad. She hated those fights! She said goodbye to Angelina (even though she didn’t hear her) and went home. Mrs. Nimbletoes was waiting for her in the garden. “Hi, dear! How were at the ballet lessons?” Alice’s mother asked her daughter. “Great...really great!” Alice said. “Is something wrong, Alice?” Mrs. Nimbletoes asked. Alice sighed. She told her mom everything about Angelina’s fight with Pinkpaws twins. Mrs. Nimbletoes thought for a moment. “I’m sorry, dear! I don’t know how to help you, but I’m sure Miss Lilly can help you!” Alice’s mother said. Alice smiled, took her bike and rode to the theatre where Miss Lilly was...
When Alice told the entire story to Miss Lilly, her ballet
The next day, Angelina went again to Miss Lilly’s ballet school. She felt sorry that yesterday she left Alice alone. After a while, all the mouselings arrived, except for Alice. Angelina was worried. Why was Alice late? Soon after that, Alice came...with a broken leg!!! “ALICE! What happened?” Angelina asked, scared. “Yesterday, when I rode my bike, I fell off and broke my leg...” Alice said. Then, Miss Lilly came. “I’m afraid that Angelina has to dance with someone else...” Miss Lilly said. “Who will be my partner?” Angelina asked. “Well, I decided that the Pinkpaws sisters can be your partners...they’re very good dancers, too!” Miss Lilly said. “No! Miss Lilly, I...I can’t dance with Priscilla and Penelope! They are...they are...” Angelina said, but Miss Lilly interrupted her. “Your enemies? Well, I’m sure that if you work together in a team, you will be friends! No more fights, okay? Now, I’m going to tell you what are you going to be at this beautiful ballet show...” Miss Lilly said. But Angelina, Priscilla and Penelope weren’t listening anymore. They were too shocked to move a muscle or to hear something...
Alice told Angelina that they were going to be The Fairies of Roses and the others flowers and butterflies, except for William (he was a bee). Well, Angelina didn’t have any choice...she had to dance with Priscilla and Penelope. She worked very hard every day with the Pinkpaws until they learned all the steps. Angelina realized something: that it wasn’t so bad to dance with Priscilla and Penelope after all...
Weeks went by and soon it was time for the ballet show. King Ferdinand, Queen Seraphina and the three little princesses, Phoebe, Sophie and Valentina, arrived in Chipping Cheddar. Everyone was so pleased to see the King and Queen of the whole Mouseland (and the royal princesses, of course)!
The show was a real success! Everyone, especially Angelina and the Pinkpaws twins, danced wonderfully. At the end of the performance, Miss Lilly brought a trophy and gave it to Angelina, Priscilla and Penelope. “This trophy is for the magnificent team: Angelina Mouseling and Priscilla and Penelope Pinkpaws!” Miss Lilly said. Everyone clapped and cheered. The three little mouselings were so proud of themselves! “Well done, Angelina!” Alice said. “Alice, your leg...is...” Angelina said with big eyes. “I know, I know...Angelina, I didn’t really broke my leg. I just did this so you can dance with Priscilla and Penelope, it was Miss Lilly’s idea, I can see that you made a pretty good team!” Alice said and winked to Miss Lilly. “Yeah...I guess we did...” Angelina said and then, she saw the King, the Queen and the princesses coming to her and the Pinkpaws twins. King Ferdinand and Queen Seraphina thanked Angelina, Priscilla and Penelope about the excellent performance and Valentina, Phoebe, Sophie declared that they are the best dancers in the whole Mouseland!
Angelina, Priscilla and Penelope were so happy! They really made a pretty good team! Angelina was very excited! She had two new friends...she realized that Priscilla and Penelope weren’t so bad and stupid after all...
The End

Comments